Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Gillsy
Beginner April 2010

Centerpiece Hire - Glasgow & West of Scotland???

Gillsy, 28 October, 2009 at 14:16 Posted on Planning 0 14

Can anybody tell me if they know of any companies in Glasgow or the west of Scotland that hire centerpiece stuff.

I'm having fish bowl vases and mirrored plates for my centrepieces and trying to work out if it would be cheaper just to hire??? Struggling to find a company in my area that would do this.

Ta x

14 replies

Latest activity by superkezza, 30 October, 2009 at 00:58
  • nayso
    Beginner May 2011
    nayso ·
    • Hide content

Hey Gillsy,

the only folks I know of are

http://www.floralhaven.co.uk

not sure if they'll hire without the flowers though.

and

http://www.88eventscompany.com/events/hire.aspx

dunno if they do fish bowl vases but I know they hire centerpieces so they might... sorry i dont have time to properly look... in the work :-)

hope this helps though

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Thanks nayso - I'll check these out

• Mitzi50
    Beginner June 2010
    Mitzi50 ·
    • Hide content

I looked at hire V buy and ive gone with buy, and then intend to sell them again at the end, probably on bay of e. I got 10 mirrored plates of ebay for £25 inc postage and am having square vases which i am buying online from a wholesaler for £2.30 a vase!!

Sorry, that doesnt really answer your question - no i dont know anyone!

x

• ebee
    Beginner January 2008
    ebee ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried asking your venue? they might have dealt with companies in the past ? I was going to suggest selling them on afterwards though - I'm sure you would get a good chunk of your cash back...

• debbydoo
    Beginner May 2009
    debbydoo ·
    • Hide content

I don't know if they sell fish bowl vases, but my florist initially recommended Flowerscene in Glasgow to me. They are in the Kinning Park area near the Quay. I ended up changing my mind as to what I was having and the florist supplied me with candle stands for my centrepieces instead so I never went there but some other Hitchers have recommended them too.

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Moya - thats a great deal on the mirrored plates, I've been looking on ebay for some but I can't find anything as good as £25 for 10. Will keep checking back though.

ebee - thanks, will ask my venue about it. Was hoping that if I bought them I'd be able to sell them afterwards.

debbydoo - thanks to you too. Flowerscene is where I got the fish bowl and mirrored plate I bought for the mock up centrepieces. Just wondered if I'd be cheaper hiring them but it doesn't look like it.

Thanks girls

• Kim31
    Kim31 ·
    • Hide content

Google PMG events, I have been told they hire stuff like that.

HTH

Kim x

• Mitzi50
    Beginner June 2010
    Mitzi50 ·
    • Hide content

Its a shame your getting married before me other wise I would sell you mine!! lol!

x

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Aww thanks Moya - I'll get some though, just need to keep looking

• Mitzi50
    Beginner June 2010
    Mitzi50 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Gillsy, what size plate and bowl are you looking at? I have lots of websites I have scoured through to find the best prices for my centrepeices, If you let me know sizes and quantities I will have a look on them for you...plus I dont have a lot to do at work today so it will keep me busy! lol!

x

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh Moya thank you so much that would be brilliant!!!!!

I'm looking for 30cm wide mirrored plates - best I've seen is £3.50 + VAT (approx £4) each from a local wholesalers

The fish bowl vases are 25cm wide which I can get for £6.50 + VAT (approx £7.50) each also from the same wholesaler

Probably looking for about 10 of each.

These are probably good prices but you know what its like - trying to keep the costs down as much as I can.

Thanks again [insert smile face]

• Mitzi50
    Beginner June 2010
    Mitzi50 ·
    • Hide content

Gillsy whats your email?

x

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

[removed] - no dirty e-mails now!!!!! lol

• Mitzi50
    Beginner June 2010
    Mitzi50 ·
    • Hide content

Strictly wedding planning! lol!

• superkezza
    Beginner July 2010
    superkezza ·
    • Hide content

Hi ya i have been thinking the same for months now and the cheapest i have found them to hire was £8 each, i have just found them for sale in Ethel Austin or thier sister company for homewares is Au naturalle, for £5 each so i bought 14 of them. now planning on giving them away as gifts, wedding party momento's of the day.

Also iv now decided to go for silk flowers inside instead of fresh so i can make them up myself way in advance and just hand them to my venue ready and save costs on my florist having to do them!!!!

http://www.ethelaustin.co.uk/eawebsite.nsf/0/60D64A8B2CDA177F8025764F0055CE7A?openDocument

hope this helps,

happy planning

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics