Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner March 2014

Centre parc for hen do??

FuturemrsR., 30 of August of 2013 at 21:42 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi everyone,

my bridesmaids and I are just starting to think about my hen do (looking at going February next year) and are considering going to the centre parcs in Sherwood Forest. I know it states on the centre parcs website that they don't allow single sex bookings, but I have read some old reviews from people that got away with this. Has anybody here been, or are considering going?

We initially were looking at hiring a cottage for the weekend -I will be 29 by the hen do and most of the others are in their mid thirties, so we don't really want crazy weekend. Although I would like to go into nottingham on the Saturday night if possible. All of the cottages we could find within our budget seem to be quite a distance from nottingham, and I think we would struggle to entertain ourselves for the whole weekend. So centre parcs sounds perfect.....we would probably stay in the cabin on the Friday night, drinking and playing games, go to th pool and maybe do an activity Saturday day and then get a taxi into nottingham Saturday night. Do you think that this would work? Should I give centre parcs a ring, see what they say? Or just book online? There is 11 of us going altogether.

12 replies

Latest activity by overtherainbow, 1 of September of 2013 at 09:11
  • miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

I don't know anything about the rules surrounding hen dos at center parcs but if you do end up going you should consider going to the spa whilst you are there. I love the spas at center parcs they are huge and have the most amazing selection of different steam rooms and saunas, etc ;-)

• F
    Beginner March 2014
    FuturemrsR. ·
    • Hide content

Oh, that sounds amazing!! Definitely thinking that I want to go to centre parcs! Ha ha! It seems to have everything that I would like for my hen do! And I love the idea of going to the spa on the Sunday! Smiley winking

• Y
    Beginner April 2014
    YellowDuckie ·
    • Hide content

I know people who have been there and really enjoyed it. They didn't mention it was a hen night and didn't go all out with the decor outside the cabin and no one batted an eyelid. I think they just don't want rowdy groups at a family orientated place

• futuremrsscott
    Beginner August 2013
    futuremrsscott ·
    • Hide content

My friend had her hen party there, we had two cabins all girls and there was no problem Smiley smile x

• F
    Beginner March 2014
    FuturemrsR. ·
    • Hide content

That's exactly what I wanted to hear! Thank you!! Smiley smile did you go to the nottingham one? Is it possible to get a taxi into nottingham from the centre parcs do you know by any chance?

• ~Curley~
    Beginner August 2014
    ~Curley~ ·
    • Hide content

It is possible yes but quite expensive. You could get a return mini bus for a tenna each though. Don't know if your from around here but if not try ****, ****, ****. I'm from notts so let me know if you want more info. The only thing with centre parcs is that anything bar swimming that you want to do extra is charged and its not cheap. If your going notts I would do cocktail making at Revolution. Gorg cocktails and really good fun. Let me know if I can help xxx

• JSuitsVox
    JSuitsVox ·
    • Hide content

Center Parcs at Sherwood is great, I've been twice with family on hols, also been to Winfell and Longleat, I have seen hen parties there but never stag do's!

It is quite a distance from Nottingham city centre, its near Retford so it's North Notts and to echo a few other people its quite pricey drinks wise.

For a relaxing pampering break though I'd imagine it's perfect, especially the Aqua Sana, spa, sauna's, whirlpool, massage, aromotherapy, perfect.

• T
    Beginner December 2013
    tams82 ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

I organised my friends hen at center parcs in Sherwood forest and it was amazing!!! We had cottages next to each other and because it said no hens when we were out about we didn't go over the top hen. We did a dance class which was great and played lots of games in our cottage and I organised a mini bus to take us to a club and then drop back again after. Definitely recommend it! Think we went to Oceana as the club. Hope that helps!

• F
    Beginner March 2014
    FuturemrsR. ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone, definitely confirmed now that we want to go to centre parcs. Tams82, that sounds exactly like what we want to do!! Don't think we will bother going over the top with hen party decorations etc, so shouldn't be a problem. If anything, we will probably just have sashes on the Saturday night, but we will be off out to nottingham then anyway!

niks123, thank you for the mini bus numbers, I will definitely look at booking one of them before we come! None of us have ever been to nottingham before, so it should be interesting! Smiley smile

• blondiechick26
    Beginner May 2015
    blondiechick26 ·
    • Hide content

I love Center Parcs- Never been to Sherwood Elveden is near us and longleat down the road. If you have same sex group some people need to be I think its over 23 and 25 for you to get in I.E you cant have 5 18-21 year olds but you should all be fine.

I was wondering what I would do as a hen party i'm going to add this to my list of ideas it never crossed my mind!

• Jemima Renrut
    Beginner October 2013
    Jemima Renrut ·
    • Hide content

I wanted to do exactly this in nottingham, but I enquired and they refused us as they don't allow hen partys. I've heard of plenty that have got away with it though so don't enquire just go for it!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

If you want to go to the Spa, definitely book everything before you go.If you book on line, you'll get an email to let you know when you can start booking your acitivities. I've been to all the Center Parcs and a lot of the activities get booked up weeks in advance, especially the Spa.

The Spa treatments are good but very expensive compared to the same treatments at the beauty clinics at home but hey ho, you're on holiday!

Regarding hen do's, they don't allow stag or hens BUT as long as you don't make it obvious and observe the fact that it is basically for families, you should be fine. Last time I went to Sherwood, the people in the next villa to us were complaining about the noise from the drunks in the villa next to them and the security were called several times because their kids were frightened.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics