Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner September 2014

Centrepiece size help!

Shirelley, 4 May, 2013 at 15:43 Posted on Planning 0 3

Pulling my hair out ladies, was wondering what size of goldfish bowl/vase/bucket would look ok on my tables. They are standard round tables that seat 8. Dont want them looking too small, or too big once all the cutlery and plates etc are set out!
PS Im filling them with sweets xx

3 replies

Latest activity by Marilyn, 6 May, 2013 at 09:24
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

How many people per table?

Does your venue have high ceilings? IMO tall centerpieces look better at venues with high ceilings and visa versa.

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

To be honest I've seen loads of dressed tables on my travels and I've never noticed a centre piece being too big or too small. I agree with Funky about the ceiling height though. Try Ikea for containers though....I picked up 10 stylish glass vases for 1.98 each .... bargain!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

This wedding had 8 seater round tables or could have been 6! It's a while ago:-

• M
    Marilyn ·
    • Hide content

You can use whatever size you want but for fishbowls on a table seating 8 to 10 then a good size is between 20 and 30 cm diameter depending on what else is going on the table.

With buckets you need to think about the height and if they will block off peoples view accross the table. Usually shallow and wide are better for sweets than tall and narrow

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics