Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Donna Louise
Beginner May 2012

Centrepieces

Donna Louise, 15 June, 2011 at 16:15 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi! I had my first appointment with the florist yesterday and I came out feeling more confused than I was when I went in!! I've chosen my flowers, white calla lily, white rose, white tulip and white stocks for the bouquets but I can't decide what centrepieces to have. I originally thought I'd use a bubble vase but now I'm not sure, although I would like to keep to this kind of size. I have 8 tables so want something that isn't going to cost too much. Any other ideas would be much appreciated! x

7 replies

Latest activity by Donna Louise, 15 June, 2011 at 16:59
  • M
    Beginner October 2011
    Mrs Poon ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ya,

Im having Calla Lillys as my wedding flower too. for my centerpieces on the guest tables im having the bubble vase with calla lillys and bear (sp) grass inside. The florest has also said she will put light up gel balls at the bottom of the vase too.

I googled calla lilly centrepiece and looked on images and got most of my ideas there. On google aswell as the bubble vases they also had tall standing ones that looked nice.

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

If you don't mind not having fishbowls, I don't know how tall you're looking for but I wonder whether any of the following may work.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/10067655/

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/30113642/

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00151051/

Of course it depends on your colour scheme whether those or any other similar products fit.

• M
    Beginner October 2011
    Mrs Poon ·
    • Hide content

Sorry for the huge post but thought these maybe helpful. When I went to see my florest I took pictures of what styles I wanted and she was happy to replecate them x

• Donna Louise
    Beginner May 2012
    Donna Louise ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Mrs P 2 Be. That was my original idea to have calla lillys in the bubble vase but they are so expensive! So I've decided to only have them in my bouquet. Although I really do like them! Thanks AJ. I have looked on ikea, they have lots of bargain vases! My colour scheme is royal blue and ivory so a plain glass vase would be ideal.

• M
    Beginner October 2011
    Mrs Poon ·
    • Hide content

IKWYM about callas being exspensive the 1st florest I went to see said I would be looking aroung £1000 for everything I asked for!!!!!!!!

My advise is shop around as the 2nd one I met with was fab as she can give me a calla bouquet, 2 BM wands with callas, 8 calla button holes, 2 church displays, top table and 8 centrepieses for around £500.00. Basically she took what I wanted and adjusted to calla quantities to meet with my budget x

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

How about having a different one on each table but all based on the same themeand using flowers to match your bouquet:

• Donna Louise
    Beginner May 2012
    Donna Louise ·
    • Hide content

Wow! Thats a bargain! I will definately be shopping around!!

• Donna Louise
    Beginner May 2012
    Donna Louise ·
    • Hide content

I hadn't thought of doing that. Thats a really good idea, thanks Sherrie!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics