Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Josiep00
Beginner December 2010

Centrpiece ideas - Wanted candles but not allowed

Josiep00, 25 May, 2010 at 13:39 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi Ladies

I know so many of you are creative and crafty, so I thought I'd see if I can use any of your creative juices to inspire me.

I am having a Christmas wedding and loved the thought of a simple candleabra with some ivy/holly around it as a centrepiece. However my venue do not allow candles due to health and safety (which I do understand, but Grrrr!). They have fake tea lights you can hire which are very pretty, but I really want that traditional xmas feel of candleabras. Any ideas?

If not - flash me your centrepieces, maybe I will be inspired by a completely different look ?

10 replies

Latest activity by debmci, 25 May, 2010 at 18:03
  • snap
    Beginner June 2011
    snap ·
    • Hide content

Ive sen loads of candelabra centerpieces that are decorated, but just not lit, could you consider that?

• M
    Marilyn ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I doubt that would be allowed, if they say no candles it will be a strict rule as if they are there the guests are bound to want to light them!

It depends how "Christmas" you want to go, you could have miniature Christmas trees with battery fairy lights

Vases filled with Christmas baubles.

Twigs draped with ivy and hung with candle holders with battery tea lights in.

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

Could you get electric candles for your candleabra's? www.smartcandle.co.uk sell battery operated ones but I have never seen them being used so don't know how realistic they are!

• SamSam
    Beginner March 2011
    SamSam ·
    • Hide content

Something like this maybe?

• Allgold78
    Beginner October 2011
    Allgold78 ·
    • Hide content

Get Sherrie (HIB) in here. She gave me some really good ideas when I posted a thread like this.

• Josiep00
    Beginner December 2010
    Josiep00 ·
    • Hide content

Hey - I like those ideas SamSam - still elegant!

I agree that if I had unlit candles people would be more than likely to light them themselves. I am not completely against the thought of fake long candles - but am a little scared they won't look great. Eeek!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Few ideas for you:

You could use the Battery operated tealights for this one:

You could place a Clear Cylinder vase in the centre of ythis one & fill with baubles & battery operated fairy lights or floralytes in this one:

• Josiep00
    Beginner December 2010
    Josiep00 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Sherrie - lovely ideas.

I'll start browsing shops to see if anything inspires me (though not a lot of xmas stuff about at the mo!)

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

With some venues, it's not so much the Health and Safety but the fact that candles set off their smoke alarms! Some will allow tea lights but not candles any higher than this as the heat and drifting smoke set the alarms off.

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Im liking these!!! I think they are lovely! Id imagine they would be pretty inexpensive as well to make.

Have you tried the studio catalogue for their christmassy stuff? they should have big discounts on at the mo!

A small The small Christmas trees from ikea are lovely as well! And you could keep a couple at home for years to come, give one 2 parents etc. It would be a lovely momento!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics