Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shnarfy1
Beginner November 2010

Cerazette Shortage (x-posted)

Shnarfy1, 2 December, 2010 at 19:34 Posted on Planning 0 18

I take Cerazette progestogen only pill, my doctor gives me a 6 months supply each time. Last week I called my doctors for a repeat prescription but couldn't collect it until today, H went to Lloyds to give them the prescription and the pharmacist says that there is a problem with the manufacturer and he has not received a supply for about a month. When he got home from work we decided to call our local Boots midnight pharmacy to see if they have any stock and the pharmacist was saying how he has called around every pharmacy in York since the problem arose and there is not a single pack anywhere. They have told me to hold on until the 6th when they get their next delivery and see whether there are any but otherwise they have said to go back to my doctor and get them to write a prescription for an alternative PoP. The problem is it took me months of hell going through various pills to find one which didn't exacerbate my depression and anxiety. I can wait until the 6th but I only have 10 pills remaining in my sheet and I'm worried that if they don't come back in stock in time I'm going to be stuck. I could not go through all of that hell again just because some idiot pharmaceutical company can't keep tabs on their stock levels. Has anyone else been affected by the shortage and can you tell me what you have done? Thank you.

18 replies

Latest activity by GlobalTraveller, 10 December, 2010 at 19:13
  • Bobbins30
    Beginner November 2010
    Bobbins30 ·
    • Hide content

Hmmmm not really sure if I should post this or not so if Im not allowed, let me know and Ill remove it! I have a pack unopened that I dont need anymore if youre interested (Im now on a different POP as Cerazette and me didnt get on!)

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Had the same when we went to collect my Daughters yesterday. The Pharmacist told us that they had stopped production but would be resuming in a few weeks, great when she only has 5 days left!

• Shnarfy1
    Beginner November 2010
    Shnarfy1 ·
    • Hide content

Grrrr Sherrie, it's because they've been so busy with their recent merger with another big pharmaceutical company. Nice of them to run out of contraceptives when they know how needed and important they are!!!!!

Bobbins, thank you for the offer, just checked and I actually have 13 tablets left. If I have no luck on the 6th I would really appreciate it if you are sure!

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

I take this pill too - but I've got three months left so I haven't been in a position to hear about this possible shortage. Having looked about on the net though, it appears a few people are asking about this on various forums.

Like you, I hope it's a temporary issue as it has taken a few years to find me a pill which doesn't give me migraines!

Also, like Bobbins has said (and also unsure if it's allowed!!), message me if you are going to run out and are desperate as I will send you a pack.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

On the other hand I may be a Granny sooner than I thought! They were going to start trying in the New Year.

• Bobbins30
    Beginner November 2010
    Bobbins30 ·
    • Hide content

No probs, just shout if you need them, like I said, I have no use for them ?

• E
    Beginner August 2011
    emmamac73 ·
    • Hide content

I'm on Cerazette too, the pharmacy attached to my docs had none last week, said they ran out a week ago. Luckily the local (large) Boots had them no probs so I have 6 months worth.

Interesting to hear what the problem is though...

• nicam
    Beginner September 2011
    nicam ·
    • Hide content

Hi, i am a pharmacist in Glasgow. We get a list of out of stock items, reasons and estimated delivery dates. to be honest this is rarely correct with regards to delivery dates. I too have a problem with cerazette . My order gets sent twice a day and i recieved one pack ( i ordered 6 !) which disappeared within the hour. My point is do keep trying as there seems to be a trickle coming in. Sit down with the phone book and phone around some companies buy in bulk cos they get a discount so you might find a shop with some. And I totally agree with the points about drug companies just stop manufacturing things for silly reasons . things like oh we are changing the colour of the packaging??? are pretty frustrating esp when its drugs like heart meds which are mainly taken by older ppl who cant really 'shop around' . If i have a chance tomorrow i will try find out if that delivery date you had been given was just a hopeful estimate or actually true.

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

I think I may have a few packets lurking as I tried it a while ago & didn't get on with it. I'll have a look & if they are in date I will happily stick them in the post to whoever needs them ?

• L
    Beginner
    landy312 ·
    • Hide content

Major Cities Are Chosen as Medieval Wedding Dress
    Classic Cheap Designer Wedding Dresses Provided at Low PriceWhat is the Future of Sterling Maggie Sottero Evening Dresses ? God Knows!The Temptation of landybridal You May Not Know designer bridal gowns , The Best Anniversaries Latest Products for Mom.To Enjoy Most Delicate Floor length Bridal Gown for DaughterThe Latest Gifts Ever: Maggie Sottero Wedding Dresses for ReceptionistsDo You Have pepe botella bridal gown ? Julianne Moore Fancy It Very Much!Expert shopping Ways: Christmas Dresses You May Brush Aside These When Resume evening dress.Vintage-Inspired: Magnificent JewelryFashion Series Mistakes Even Smart Mary-Kate Olsen Make with Christmas Party Dresses The Best Christmas Party Dresses for Networking EventsEssentials at the Hottest Price! Get designer bridal gowns for Grandparents!
    Make a Summary of the Most Expensive Designer Wedding Dresses for AprilWardrobe Staples of A Line Bridal Gown Women in Lyon all Show Affection to to Wear wedding dress.Fall Most Intriguing Bridal Gown Petticoats Come to Buy Engaging pepe botella wedding gown ! They Are Now at the Most Competitive Price!Some Details to Match Your Classic Bridal Gown 10 Reasons for You to Pick evening dress.The Trend Bible to wedding dress Alternatives landybridal Triumph for Spring 2011The Unknown False Ideas of bridesmaid dress . Here's the Answer.The Latest Collections of wedding dress are Said to be the Subtlest One.

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

Oh cr*p, I'm on that too and was planning to take my script in soon... I'll have to try and see what they have here. Thanks for the heads up

• Bobbins30
    Beginner November 2010
    Bobbins30 ·
    • Hide content

Ooh I've just checked and I actually have 3 months worth to get rid of so if none of you can get hold of any I'm sure I can help out a few of you x

• G
    GlobalTraveller ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I am in desperate need of Cerazette as I am leaving the UK for 9 months in January and the doctors have only just told me they will be unable to complete my prescription.

If any one has any spare packets I would be so grateful if you could send them to me?

Thanks in advance.

• Made By Debbie Howe
    Dedicated
    Made By Debbie Howe ·
    • Hide content

I've got 1 packet I can send you if any good?

• G
    GlobalTraveller ·
    • Hide content

Is that 1 month worth? That would be great if you could send it to me.

What is the best way to send you my address? Please also let me know the cost of postage.

• Made By Debbie Howe
    Dedicated
    Made By Debbie Howe ·
    • Hide content

Hi It's one new packet.

If you send me a private message on here or go onto my website, link below, and message me from there. Don't worry about postage.

• G
    GlobalTraveller ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I think I sent you an email on here, if it hasn't worked though I'll contact you through your website. (website looks great by the way)

• Made By Debbie Howe
    Dedicated
    Made By Debbie Howe ·
    • Hide content

Thank you.

Received your message and I'll get them in the post for you tomorrow.

• G
    GlobalTraveller ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics