Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner June 2018

Ceremony in Cyprus?

RomanticPinkConfetti809, 4 of February of 2018 at 22:34 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 1

Hi all,

My fiance and I have planned our wedding for March 2019 in the UK. However my mum has just been diagnosed with stage 4 terminal esophaegal cancer and won't live to see my wedding.

She currently lives in Cyprus and we're thinking of having a very small ceremony out there that she can come to. Can anyone suggest any kind of ceremony that we could have out there? We've been told that we can't have a proper ceremony because my fiance isn't baptised or christened so we're looking at a blessing but apparently can't have that without being married first?

Any help is much appreciated!

Nicola

1 replies

Latest activity by HappyYellowConfetti12164, 7 of February of 2018 at 11:03
  • S
    SunnyBrownDiamonds96996 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

So sorry to hear about your Mum

My son married in Cyprus in a civil ceremony on the beach it was lovely. I think the baptism rule is just for church weddings. I would suggest contacting a Cypriot wedding planner who can tell you your options. We used Cyprus Dream Weddings and they were excellent

• H
    HappyYellowConfetti12164 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Nicola,

I'm in talks with Bespoke Wedding Company Birmingham for my wedding cake/accessories etc but they also do destination weddings. They might be able to help? x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics