Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kayleigh
Rockstar October 2023 Bristol

Ceremony music

Kayleigh, 10 of January of 2022 at 19:13 Posted on Planning 0 4
So we're having classical ambient music while people are waiting, that's already decided. I also want "for the damaged coda" by the Blonde Redheads for either the exit. Just stuck on the entrance... We're not particularly romantic or soppy, so I'm struggling for something.

4 replies

Latest activity by Kayleigh, 11 of January of 2022 at 21:32
  • A
    Savvy July 2021 Devon
    Alexandra ·
    • Hide content

Hey,

we're not soppy or romantic either, we went with Elbow - One Day Like This simply because we both adore the song, and we didn't want anything 'gushy'. It was actually really lovely walking in to it! But obviously it's completely dependent on both of your music tastes - I've never seen my husband cry before (been together 11 years) but somehow hearing that song start and knowing we were all about to walk down set him off!

There's also a gorgeous orchestral version if you don't like the singing.

• Kayleigh
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, I'll have a listen.

My fiance is a metalhead and I'm very pop-punk (though I have much more varied taste than him lol), so it's just finding something that's not too heavy xx
  • A
    Savvy July 2021 Devon
    Alexandra ·
    • Hide content

Is there a film or anything that you both love, that has a theme tune recorded by an orchestra? We were going to have the orchestra version of the Jurassic Park theme tune (as we both love the films) but we decided on Elbow in the end - but quite a lot of films have had their theme tunes made into orchestra pieces Smiley smile good luck!! xx

• Kayleigh
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content
    There's me saying not romantic or soppy and I suddenly realised I could have Greensleeves 😍 think I'm sorted now lol xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics