Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

~Peanut~
Beginner December 2012

Ceremony music timing

~Peanut~, 5 of May of 2012 at 21:20 Posted on Planning 1 6

This may be a stupid question, but how do you time how long it should take to walk down the aisle and how long the processional song should be? I'm planning on just playing the music off a CD and I really like a piece of music that's about 4 minutes long, but 4 minutes seems way too long when the aisle I'm going to be walking down is quite short. Also, how many songs do you need for signing the register, how long does that usually take (including people taking photos etc?)

6 replies

Latest activity by martyncroston, 6 of May of 2012 at 13:43
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I was thinking this earlier?? do you just get to the end and listen too the song/wait for it to finish??

• D
    Beginner May 2012
    dlees81 ·
    • Hide content

This is partly why I went for classical for the processional, as we have a short aisle too, think they just fade it out when I reach the front.

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

When i rang my registrar last week she said i need 8 songs, 4 for guests whilst they are waiting then my processional music, then 2 for signing the register and one to walk out to, she told be to burn them on a cd in order and write on the sleeve what they were for and they would do the rest my processional is the instramental to elbow's one day like this which i 6 min long and they will fade it out x

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

When I got through my registrar's form it tells me on there the songs and length I need.

15 mins for while the guests assemble/wait for my arrival

1 song for entrances of the bridesmaids and bride (I assume they'll fade it out)

7 minutes for signing the register

and 1 song for bride and groom's departure.

• cake lady
    Beginner September 2012
    cake lady ·
    • Hide content

I've been thinking about this too. It won't take long for me to walk down the aisle with my Dad as we both walk fast anyway!!! So, I've been trying to pick a song that goes almost straight into the lyrics or I'll be down the aisle before the intro's over!!!

At my brother's wedding I seem to think they just faded it out when my sister-in-law reached my brother.

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the responses everyone, I'm planning on having a Vitamin String Quartet version of one of OH and I's favourite songs so hopefully they can just fade it out.

• martyncroston
    martyncroston ·
    • Hide content

This is a very good point and is often overlooked when choosing wedding music for the bridal entrance. I think I usually play for about 2 mins, but sometimes I have barely played more than a minute! I guess it depends on the venue, but you shouldn't worry about it too much.

If you want to hear a piece in its entirety, then I suggest using it for the signing, or possibly the exit, as the music can continue as the guests start to leave the venue.

I would advise choosing a piece of music for the entrance that doesn't take too long to get going as you might not hear the best part. If it's a song, make sure it doesn't take too long to get to the chorus, or if it's a piece of classical music, choose something where the main melody starts almost straight away

Good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics