Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner August 2015

Ceremony script / how we met etc

HappyPinkCars361, 15 of July of 2015 at 11:15 Posted on Planning 0

Hello!

Im putting together our ceremony script at the moment, and need to write a small part about our relationship/how we met etc.for the celebrant to read. Im struggling! he recommended it should be lighthearted and funny - maybe im just not funny!

Has anyone done this for their ceremony? it would be great to see what everyone is writing!! xx

• S
    Simply Ceremonies Uk ·
    • Hide content

I'm an independent celebrant and I would suggest you both sit down together and start by thinking about bullet points. Put down the facts and you may well find you start bouncing comments between yourselves. Your celebrant, if there, should write copious notes and then it's down to him to create your story from the info you have provided.

you don't have to be funny and your story doesn't have to be read out in one slot. I often use elements of the story throughout the ceremony rather than in one big chunk.

it may be easier to think of specifics and see if you both remember the story in the same way. Eg...what happened on your first date. I know my husband saw our date very differently from the way I did, but we found common elements and laughed at similar bits.

Don't put too much pressure on writing the story. That's what you're paying your celebrant to do. X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics