Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    Ours is at 3pm
  • Emma
    Rockstar August 2021 Wiltshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    We’ve booked 2pm. Plenty of time for readings during the ceremony, photos, wedding breakfast and speeches before the evening reception starts at 7. Didn’t want to feel rushed or be running late/ have evening guests turn up when we were still sat down etc.
  • Ebony
    Savvy May 2023 Lincolnshire
    Ebony ·
    • Hide content
    We’ve booked ours for 1pm. We are staying at the venue the night before and don’t want to feel as though we are waiting around all morning to get ready.
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    We initially had 2pm ceremony booked but when we postponed the only time the registrar had was 1pm or 3pm. Personally 3pm felt too late like we wouldn’t have a wedding day so we went for 1pm.

We (family and wedding party) are staying 10min drive from the venue. I would say think about what you want from the day and prep time etc. For my 1pmCeremony my hair and MUA are starting at 8am. Good luck with whatever you decide
  • S
    Savvy July 2021 Worcestershire
    Sarahjp2021 ·
    • Hide content
    We originally had 1pm as our venue told us this was the perfect time for a wedding but we had to postpone and now have 11. 30 which isn't ideal as a bit early but I'm sure it'll still work out okay. I'd go for early afternoon though 😊
  • Kayleigh
    Rockstar October 2023 Bristol
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content
    We're hoping 11am. I couldn't wait til afternoon, I'd be a bag of nerves x
  • H
    Savvy
    HappyBrownCars12359 ·
    • Hide content

We originally were 2.30pm and have postponed to next year with the only options being 1.30 or 3.30 so we went for 1.30pm :-)

It gives guests who don't want to stay the night before enough time to drive up on the day, and tbh after waiting another year I'm happy to have an extra hour of wedding day haha!

• April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Totally understand the nerves but I’d be full of bags under my eyes if I had to start getting ready any earlier 🤣.
  • A
    Curious October 2021 Berkshire
    Andrea ·
    • Hide content

Ours is booked for 2.45, we wanted around 2pm but the registrar had very limited availability and it was 2.45 or 11.30 and we felt that 11.30 was too early. Especially as my OH is not good at getting up in the mornings!

• P
    Dedicated July 2021 West London
    Purple Girl ·
    • Hide content
    Ours is 13:00pm. X
  • S
    Dedicated August 2023 South Yorkshire
    Sloufish ·
    • Hide content

I would have liked 2pm but the registrar got back to me today and they could only offer 1.30pm. That's fine by me! Just glad to get it booked! x

• N
    Dedicated May 2022 Somerset
    Nathalie ·
    • Hide content
    Our venue only offers morning or evening, and I have no intention of being up in time to get married at 7am 😆 so ours is 7.30pm. My friends and family are Irish so the party will go on till about 5am anyway so I’m not exactly sorry it’s a late kick off 😂 I’m looking forward to having that bit longer to get ready and relax (I hope…) earlier in the day too

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics