Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Nessa_EssexBride
Beginner November 2015

Ceremony TIMING?? 12 PM OR 1 PM??

Nessa_EssexBride, 15 of January of 2015 at 14:01 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hello everyone,

So I'm a bit behind with my wedding planning. I need major help over these next few days. I'm sure I’ll be asking for loads of advice like crazy(sorry).

We've just moved into our new house and just so much going on at the moment with family.

First on the list:

What time should I have my ceremony?

The wedding is on 21st November 2015.

It’s between 12 PM but I don’t know if that’s too early or 1 PM?

What is everyone doing?

What has other past brides done?

Thank you in advance for your answers.. Smiley smile

14 replies

Latest activity by laurafish, 16 of January of 2015 at 09:37
  • Sparkly Bear
    Beginner October 2015
    Sparkly Bear ·
    • Hide content

Firstly breathe..... I am sure you will get everything sorted! You have 9 months!!!

We are having our wedding ceremony at 12:30 - I want to try and make the day last as long as possible!

Are you having a church wedding or a civil ceremony? The time you choose may depend on if the registrar or viar is available? Have you spoken with them?

x

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

Ours is at 1pm (I want a long day but don't want to get up too early!).

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

If you already have and idea of what you want your day to look like, try planning backwards from when your evening reception starts to allow time for your wedding breakfast and speeches, photographs, a bit of mingling chilling time, and necessary travel time if you are having two or more venues and then land at the best time for your ceremony.

You do have plenty of time so no panic but you do really need to book your ceremony because until you have that, ie the confirmed attendnace of the regostrara, viicar or priest - you don't have anything concretet to work from.

• F
    Beginner September 2015
    Fairycake135 ·
    • Hide content

I would think about how many people in your bridal party need to get ready in the morning, it may make a difference to how much time you need. I would personally go for 1pm (my own ceremony is 2pm) as i think it is a better time for guests and for the bridal party to have a less stressed morning. Everyone is different though, and I guess it depends how your day is planned, timings, etc. Go for what you feel will work best!

• halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

We got married at 12pm due to timings at our reception venue. it worked well for us and whilst it was along day, that wasn't a bad thing for me personally as it totally flies by.

Also bear in mind that it'll get dark sooner in November so it may be good to have more time for photos after the ceremony.

• Nessa_EssexBride
    Beginner November 2015
    Nessa_EssexBride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hiya Sparkly Bear,

We're having a civil ceremony and reception in one place.
    I have spoken to the registrar and she said its basically up to us.

I've spoken to our videographer (he said the earlier better so 12 or 12:30) and in a bit should hear back from our photographer to see their input.

Thanks for all the support and advice.
    I do't feel so stressed anymore.

Thank you all x Smiley smile

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

This thread is an interesting read - https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/363906.aspx

A lot of brides wished they'd had their ceremony start a bit earlier to make the most of the day. But I would definitely make sure you leave you and your wedding party ample time to get ready in the morning, so that you don't have to get up too early (not fun in November!). But if there's only a few of you to get ready and you're close by to the venue it might work for you.

Hope this helps Smiley smile

• Nessa_EssexBride
    Beginner November 2015
    Nessa_EssexBride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you KT1984 ,

Gonna check that link out now.

We all will be getting ready at the venue.

I have 4 bridesmaid - 2 Mom's, aswell as me to get ready. I have someone seperatly taking care of me. For bridesmaid/Mom's - I have 3 people to fix them up! Smiley smile

I do really need ample time, don't want anyone to feel rushed.

Thanks Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    Miss2Mrs! ·
    • Hide content

I am not getting married till 3! We have 2 young children and the day would be far too long for them if we got married any earlier 9and i don't want to have to wake super early! Want to take lots of time getting ready Smiley laugh).

Day will go something like this

2:30 - Guests start arriving (not much parking at our venue so need extra time to allow for finding a space!)

3-3:30 - Ceremony

3:30-4:40 - Reception drink and Photos

4:30-6:30 - Wedding breakfast and Speeches

6:30 - 7:30 - More wedding photos (there are lots to be taken!) And the bar is available for drinks and mingling.

7:30 - 8:00 - Evening guests arriving. Music playing, Giant games available to play

8:00 - Bouquet toss, into Cake cutting and then Israeli dancing (Grooms is jewish)

8:20-8:30 - Slow dances (First Dance, Bride and Father, Groom and Mother) (MIL2B wanted a dance...)

8:30 - Evening buffet is served

Then from then onwards will be mixture of music for dancing. And of course cheesy music and Party Dances (Groom is a children entertainer and we will have about 40 children under 13 at the wedding!)

10:30 - Grooms 'Thank-you' speech followed by 'last song' (bohemian Rhapsody! Smiley laugh)

then from then on we will be saying our Good-Byes

As we are getting married on a Sunday, no music is allowed to be played past 11 at our venue.

• T
    Beginner October 2015
    ThefuturemrsG ·
    • Hide content

I had a similar dilemma and have decided on 1:30...I didnt want to spend the morning rushing and also the earlier it is the more time guests are milling around with potentially nothing to do so you may need to factor in more food etc as if you go for 12 your guests won't have had lunch before they leave to come to the wedding. I went to a 12pm ceremony last year and from a guests point of view it was the most boring wedding I've been too. Everyone was stood round between 1-4 doing nothing with no food etc I was starving by the time we eventually sat down to eat! Having a longer day may benefit you but it may make it less enjoyable for the guests unless you have specific food/entertainment ideas to keep everyone interested/entertained especially if you have a lot of kiddies attending!

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

You have a good few people to get ready in the morning so I would go with the later time. Also think of your guests. I've beenever to a 12 pm wedding before & it was a very long day, lots of hanging about. And we were all starving by 2pm as hadn't had lunch x

• L
    Beginner May 2016
    littleredfairy ·
    • Hide content

I was offered 12 or 1 and we said one as you will have to be there about 20 mins before at least to speak to registrar. So depending where you are travelling from that might mean leaving home before 11, and for you and three bridesmaids hair and make up will probably take three to four hours (based on previous weddings). You might be up early but give yourself time. My friend had a 1.30pm wedding (this was in scotland so not the same need for interview) and we were a 15 min drive from her house to venue and she arrived at 9am bridesmaids house for breakfast and was all washed etc beforehand.

• A
    Beginner October 2015
    AlmostMrsS ·
    • Hide content

We have booked ours for 2pm so the day is nice and long but our families all have time to travel to the venue. We have picked a venue that is a bit of a drive for the majority of our families.

• J
    Beginner November 2015
    jesikab4u ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married the same day as you and we have gone for 12pm I know it will be an early start and a long day but I wanted it earlier due to the fact everyone says it goes by so fast.

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

We originally wanted 1pm but when we went to book unfortunately 2pm was taken so we had to have either 12 or 4. We went with 12 and the more I think about it, the more pleased I am about that. Yes we will have to get up early (but I wake up early when I'm excited anyway!) and the morning may be a bit hectic, but I think it will be worth it. There is also about an hour's distance between our church and reception venue so we lose an hour there, so I'm quite glad to be starting a bit early to make the most of the day Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics