Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

sarahjolley
Beginner September 2012

Chair covers

sarahjolley, 8 March, 2011 at 21:36 Posted on Planning 0 9

So a fairly simple questions but im cofused!!

If you are having chair covers for your wedding breakfast are u also getting extra covers for chairs in the evening for extra guests??

9 replies

Latest activity by Mellow_Yellow, 9 March, 2011 at 11:21
  • Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

We have booked chair covers for 90 people in the day but haven't ordered any extra for evening guests. Most people stand at the bar or are usually dancing. We haven't purchased any more purely for the fact that I doubt lots of people will be sitting down for long periods of time.

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

I'm having enough for everybody who will be there.. but my layout is a bit different in that I'm having the meal at the reception for everyone.

• massuch
    Beginner July 2011
    massuch ·
    • Hide content

I had ordered 90 chair covers and sashes for the day guests and wasn't going to cover the evening chairs. But having second thoughts as there will be about 6 extra tables put out and thought it might look a little silly with them not having chair covers.

If I did hire chair covers for the evening I wouldn't do sashes just to keep the cost down.x

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

I found that although we had an extra 40 people in the evening, we didn't have any more chairs put out, as many people were on the dancefloor, standing at the bar etc ?

• D
    Beginner February 2012
    Dani1984 ·
    • Hide content

I will have to ask my venue about this, as they supply the chair covers sash etc for the day guests but not sure about evening? i will need extra as only 45 to the day but another 110 to the evening! but i assume most people will be stood at the bar or hopefully dancing! xx

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Almost all of the weddings I do just have chair covers for the wedding Breakfast & either take them off after so that none of the chairs have covers in the evening or leave them just on the ones they have. Most of the time they don't have extra tables as the men usually stand at the bar & the women hit the dancefloor. It is just an added expense to have extra for the evening when they are not really needed.

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

Were not having any extra tables or chairs at nite - there will already be 16 tables out from the meal & we have a bar outiside the reception room with loads of comfy sofas and a conservatory which i imagine a lot of the oldies will go to in the evening. Plus people stand at the bar.

I think it'd be hard to cater for additional evening guests as a lot dont rsvp so calculating numbers could be difficult!

• J
    Beginner June 2011
    jen_hhl ·
    • Hide content

We are only covering chairs for the wedding breakfast, we will be having around another 100 extra for evening reception so will be having extra tables and chairs, just having the covers removed for the evening. Couldnt justify the extra cost. I was at a wedding reception at the weekend and dont remember if the chairs were covered or not!!!

Jx

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

We are having 50 for the meal, and potentially 100 guests in the evening, so we have chosen to cover 80 chairs as we think this should be enough.

*edited to add that the venue chairs are really horrible, all chipped, and just nasty looking - otherwise we wouldn't have bothered with covers in the evening*

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics