Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Chair covers! :(

4 of April of 2014 at 20:48

Posted on Planning 59

So I went to see my venue and meet my new wedding co-ordinator this week. She's informed me that the venue isn't buying new chairs like we had previously been told, and instead we'll have to use the ones they have. Now they're not the most horrific things I've seen, but they definitely need covering...

So I went to see my venue and meet my new wedding co-ordinator this week. She's informed me that the venue isn't buying new chairs like we had previously been told, and instead we'll have to use the ones they have.

Now they're not the most horrific things I've seen, but they definitely need covering for a wedding. The only problem is I don't like chair covers! I know I am probably in the minority here, but its one thing I didn't really want.

Soooo, as i hadn't budgeted for this, I need to look at figures. Would you mind telling me how much you paid for your covers, or how much you've been quoted? Just a ballpark figure will do. I would probably DIY them and I need 70.

Also, if anyone has any inspiration for some which are a bit different, Id be incredibly grateful. Colour scheme is gold/metalics. Google hasn't been very helpful as yet.....

Thanks Hitchers ?

59 replies

• J
    Beginner May 2015
    Jayla ·
    • Hide content

Ha ha! Think I prefer the carpet chairs

• MischiefMumma
    Beginner August 2014
    MischiefMumma ·
    • Hide content

I'm in this dilemma too. I don't like chair covers. I think they're very samey samey, and whilst we all want our weddings to be unique, having the same lycra chair covers and ghastly sashes on just isnt unique.

FMIL and my mum told me it was 'the done thing' to have chair covers and to save arguements we went along with them. I've decided enough is enough and I'm going to stick with the chairs weve got. Only problem is, they're not very pretty. They're quite grim actually. I looked at the possibility of hiring chairs but it just wasnt an option, our budget wont stretch that far. So now I'm in talks with the venue to see if they'll at least get them cleaned for us. Not a big ask really is it??

I've attached a picture so you can see. I looked on that web page somebody put up about different ideas for chair covers and I've thought about just some nice material draped over the side with some gyp pinned in?

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

❤️

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Or perhaps you could base them on your wedding dress??

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think that idea would work marvelously, They seems rather nice and with an extra finished could be tarted up rather well.

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

THAT had me spitting tea out!

Also i quite like them (i love the texture) Smiley laugh just not sure how practical they'd be

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics