Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner July 2016

Chair Covers

HappyBrownDiamonds179, 4 of November of 2015 at 11:50 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hi guys,

I was wondering how much is typical for chair covers and sashes? We are only using for the dinner and evening as having the wedding at a church.

We have to use the venue supplier, and they originally wanted 4.50 each one - which added over 300 pounds to the cost which is way too much! We said that we probably wouldn't get them as they are just too much, even though the chairs are not the nicest, and now they have come back and asked what kind of price would fit in our budget???

What is reasonable to say?

Thanks all!

11 replies

Latest activity by HappyBrownDiamonds179, 9 of November of 2015 at 00:26
  • J
    Beginner May 2018
    Jade1990 ·
    • Hide content

Are they just the plain white chair covers or are they a different type?

I have priced up lace chair covers and for 95 chairs it came to £285 (£3.00 per chair). Going to try and get them down to £250 if I can though x

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HappyBrownDiamonds179 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah I think just plain white with a sash - apparently the chairs don't fit regular chair covers, hence why we have to use theirs as they have been specially made....

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

A friend of mine runs a venue dressing business and charges between £1.50 - £2.50 per chair cover and sash depending on the sash x

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

That seems very steep! Has the venue stipulated you're only allowed to us them for chair covers, or have they said it's 'best' to because of 'awkward' chair sizing?

You'd be surprised at the number of chair covers out there - and those stretchy ones usually fit most; and you can get them for round or square backed chairs. It might be worth asking to take some chair measurements and having a look around, if the venue allows it (and it's not stipulated in your contract) to see if you can get them cheaper.

Our venue offers chair covers and sashes for £2.50 a chair - and I've managed to find them for less than £1 for a cover and sash from somewhere close to me; and you get them cheaper if you dress the room yourself, which I'm happy to do.

Definitely worth asking the venue their stance on this.

• K
    Beginner July 2016
    kay_ ·
    • Hide content

We've been quoted around £3.50 per chair (for white chair cover & coloured sash) from 2 companies as well, so paying £200 for one room :/ Seems a bit crazy but they said it's because the chair covers have been made especially to fit the chairs at our venue as well. We saw them in person and they are quite nice. The price also includes setting up and fitting all the chair covers as well, so nothing for us to do on the day.

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HappyBrownDiamonds179 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

It is in the contract that we have to use the venue chair covers and also can not just supply our own chairs - it is so expensive though and the chairs are quite ugly. I just want to ask for the right price and hope they give it!

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think I would just be upfront with them and ask if there is room for movement. See if you can ask them if they'll waver some cost if you dress the chairs yourself (if you want to do this) or if they can source their own chair covers from elsewhere to make it cheaper for you - they will probably use a chair cover hire company themselves.

If you don't ask you don't get Smiley smile

Hope it works out for you!

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HappyBrownDiamonds179 ·
    • Hide content

I think there is room for movement, as they asked me what I would be happy to pay given my budget restrictions... so I wanted to try to figure out a reasonable figure for the service.

• Charliebob
    Beginner May 2016
    Charliebob ·
    • Hide content

My only tip here would be to shop around and look for 'newer' suppliers. It's becoming more common for people to start up wedding businesses selling candy cards, LOVE signs and chair sashes. We found a new up and coming company and got plain covers and bright blue organza bows for £2 a chair. You may find someone in your area doing it even less but that's the best I could find! In total we payed £160 for 80 chairs another company wanted to charge £240 so really every £1 makes a difference!! Good Luck

• R
    Dedicated June 2016
    RachD90 ·
    • Hide content

My venue also wants £4.50 per chair, am I hell going to pay that! I've only got 30 extra chairs to dress but i've seen much cheaper advertised.

• S
    Beginner August 2016
    SunnyPurpleHair123 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry to butt in on your post, but which company did you find that price with? I'm close(ish) to you (Liverpool) and would love to know!!

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HappyBrownDiamonds179 ·
    • Hide content

Update - so the venue has said the best price they can do is 3.25 or 3 if we do it ourselves, I am still feeling this is a little much, not quite sure what to do Smiley sad

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics