Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner August 2016

Chair covers

LauraLtobe, 31 of March of 2016 at 10:52 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi,

I've just received a quote for chair covers for our reception venue and it seems a little expensive so wanted to get your opinions. Our venue is charging £3.50 a chair for covers and sashes, which we definitely need as their chairs are bright orange! They are only just beginning to offer this service, so I can't imagine we'll have much choice over how the sashes are tied, which other companies do offer, and it seems a lot of money!

How much did you pay for your chair coverings/sashes? We're looking at around 70-80 chairs so £245 - £280.

Thank you x

12 replies

Latest activity by ExpensiveBlueCakes604, 3 of August of 2016 at 03:33
  • E
    Beginner May 2016
    ExpensivePinkCars201 ·
    • Hide content

We ended up buying chair covers and organza for sashes. The covers were £129 for 100 and material for sashes will probably work out at around £30. It was much cheaper than hiring and as an added bonus I can sell the covers afterwards and get a bit of money back.

• o0o_Charlie_o0o
    Beginner August 2016
    o0o_Charlie_o0o ·
    • Hide content

I got a fab deal and am paying £1 per chair for the cover and sash!

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

Do you have to go with the chair supplier the venue use, or is there room for movement? Our venue had two preferred suppliers for chair covers but we weren't tied down to these, which I was glad of, 'cause they came out at £2.50, which I thought was expensive.

I managed to get a good deal on my chair covers/sashes as the lady had an offer on- with everything included (delivery, laundry, set-up) I think it worked out as £1.60 a chair, which seemed to be the average cost around here per chair before adding delivery and laundry charges, so I was happy with that.

You could also consider going for a DIY option if you're that way inclined, and hire them but set-up yourself? We looked at this and I'm sure it worked out at something like £1 chair- although we decided to go with the set-up option, to save me the stress!

• R
    Beginner May 2018
    rusticbride90 ·
    • Hide content

I got a quote for lace chair covers and it was £3.50 per chair, but luckily in our new venue we get full room decoration included in the price. I think it depends who you go with and what style you want. If its the plain white covers I wouldnt be happy paying that price but if they wont let you source your own you'll probably just have to grin and bare it. Do they only have one style to choose from? If so maybe say that they done go with your theme so could you provide your own?

• R
    Beginner May 2018
    rusticbride90 ·
    • Hide content

I got a quote for lace chair covers and it was £3.50 per chair, but luckily in our new venue we get full room decoration included in the price. I think it depends who you go with and what style you want. If its the plain white covers I wouldnt be happy paying that price but if they wont let you source your own you'll probably just have to grin and bare it. Do they only have one style to choose from? If so maybe say that they done go with your theme so could you provide your own?

• D
    Beginner December 2016
    DB2016 ·
    • Hide content

Our chair covers are £2.25 each, our venues preferred supplier quoter me £4.00 each!

• F
    Beginner July 2017
    Future Mrs Watson ·
    • Hide content

I personally wouldn't want to pay anything. I think it is such a joke that these wedding venues charge for something you will definitely need. Its almost like they have horrendous chairs, just so you agree they need to be covered.lol.

All venues, will add on all these cheeky little costs as you go along, so just be very cautious.

Maybe just be really cheeky and offer £1 a chair, they can only say no, but at least you have a better figure to compromise with them.

• L
    Beginner August 2016
    LauraLtobe ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I have made enquiries with another company in town and they can do them for £1.75 each. It makes me a little peeved with the venue that they think they can charge double that!

They've also been really awkward with food tasting, making us pay for it and doing it on their chosen day only so peeved with them in general at the minute.

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

I was quoted £2.50 a chair just for a bow, no chair cover! Plus a £65.00 set up and delivery fee. We have to use this one company. I emailed the woman and asked why it was so expensive and she was really snooty and kept repeating how she was the "sole supplier" of chair covers/sashes to my venue (so basically she can charge what she wants). I am going to email my venue and complain about her and see if I can use someone else, but if not, I am going to go without. I refuse to pay £315 on some chair bows! (Luckily my chairs are nice as they are, I just wanted a bit of extra decoration!)

I have seen online companies offer chair bows for just 85p so if you don't have to use that specific company, then shop around and get some quotes X

• Charliebob
    Beginner May 2016
    Charliebob ·
    • Hide content

I paid £2 per chair from a company in West Sussex, that was for a stretch white seat cover and organza royal blue sash so we paid £140 for our 70 chairs. We paid £2.50 per table runner to match and £5 for 3 tables to have table swagging.

• Charliebob
    Beginner May 2016
    Charliebob ·
    • Hide content

I paid £2 per chair from a company in West Sussex, that was for a stretch white seat cover and organza royal blue sash so we paid £140 for our 70 chairs. We paid £2.50 per table runner to match and £5 each for 3 tables to have table swagging.

• Justkeepswimming
    Beginner July 2016
    Justkeepswimming ·
    • Hide content

Our quote was about the same, a little more in fact. I was shocked! Sadly we have to use one of 2 companies and they are both equally as expensive!

• E
    ExpensiveBlueCakes604 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Laura, where is the chair cover company located that you use. My sister will be getting Marry in November, she has enlisted me, to find chair covers and decorations.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics