Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

snow bride
Beginner June 2016

Chair Covers - Alternative to Sashes?

snow bride, 17 of June of 2013 at 12:02 Posted on Planning 0 1

We're looking at chair covers as our venue chairs are not pretty....

BUT, I'm not sure I want the traditional sashes so am trying to think of something alternative!

We're hoping to go for a english fete theme with bunting. But we're also looking at something water based as our venue is right on the waterfrtont with gorgeous views out to private yachts etc and then onto the beautiful Devon ocean

Does anyone have any ideas? I initially thought bunting on the chairs but saw this and thought it looked cheap:

But then saw this and thought it was cute:

I know bunting would work across multiple chairs for the ceremony, but what about the wedding breakfast?

Do you think the mini bunting would work well with chair covers?

Or does anyone have a different idea!

Thanking you in advance Smiley smile

1 replies

Latest activity by DrBuffles, 17 of June of 2013 at 18:11
  • M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

I think that you are being a bit harsh on the paper bunting..it is cutesy and home-made looking but that doesn't necessarily make it look cheap. i think that the blog who produced it did iit as an idea for those who want to to craft it themselves, not as a recommendation.

To your question: for an English Fete theme you are gong to struggle if you have to use chair covers. really too formal and eveningy. Covers are £1 each to hire usually, not including fitting/delivery. If your budget is bigger have you considered hiring chairs instead? Something like this if you have a supplier in your area?: http://www.deluxehire.co.uk/White-Resin-Folding-Chair

For a more nautical theme though, you could give everything a more modern look encorporating the chair covers (if you are stuck with them) by having a nautical ensign over the back of each chair, or just a really smart navy blue stripe.

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

I think the bunting idea is really cute. I agree the top one could look better but the principle is good.

What about making it from fabric and bias binding that matches the theme? Would look a bit less 'homemade' than paper.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics