Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner October 2014

Chair covers... how many?

katie80uk, 7 of May of 2014 at 21:04 Posted on Planning 0 8

I'm having my evening reception in a separate place to my ceremony n daytime.

I have someone dressing the room for the evening, so chair covers, tables,starlight backdrop etc but I'm having around 150-170 guests at the evening but only said to the woman dress 100 chairs, should I be dressing 170?

Its a social club so trying to hide as much of the club i can so it looks pretty lol

For my daytime I have 50 guests so obviously 50 chairs covered as all sitting for the meal

8 replies

Latest activity by pammy67, 8 of May of 2014 at 11:58
  • BubblesKM
    Beginner October 2014
    BubblesKM ·
    • Hide content

I have 60 day guests and 140'evening. I am only having 65 chair covers. The hotel have extra seats if needs be but I would imagine most will be at the bar and dancing xx

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Don't forget you'll need chair covers etc for the bride, groom and two for the registrar and their assistant so 54 if you have 50 guests. X

• K
    Beginner October 2014
    katie80uk ·
    • Hide content

Its 50 guests including the bride and groom so sorted there. i thought i might need 100 chair covers but they will move the chairs from the ceremony into the room for the meal so i dont need to spend more which is nice

I think i will stay with the 100 chair covers, least more of the room will be covered and not everyone sits anyway, hope people will be mingling and dancing so wont notice a few bare chairs lol

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

We had 50 chair covers for day guests, and then everything got moved to the evening room, more chairs and tables but no extra chair covers. They just alternated it and it still looked great.

• Cupcake26
    Beginner August 2015
    Cupcake26 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Omg didn't think of this! will add us on to the guest list lol! Regarding the registrar and their assistant - stupid question but are they going to be sitting down? Have you ordered chairs for them? And will we sit down during the ceremony? Our ceremomy chairs will become the wedding breakfast/reception chairs so obviously the numbers will be the same.

• K
    Beginner October 2014
    katie80uk ·
    • Hide content

When our venue said 50 guests i had to ask if that included us and they said yes so ive catered for all 50 but do i really have to dress a chair for the registrar and her assistant??

i dont think you sit during the ceremony, i no you sit if its church but not sure, ive added this question to ask my venue for our meeting next month...so many silly little things to think about isnt there lol x

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Indeed there are lots of little bits to think about. AS for if you need chairs during the ceremony, it depends on your ceremony. If you're having readings etc you might - but you will want dressed chairs for your breakfast etc. If you don't need chairs for the ceremony then you could let the registrar use the ones you'll use for the breakfast. Just don't forget you will need chairs for you and your man at some stage Smiley smile Also bear in mind your signing the register photo's. You usually sit for those and you'll want to be on pretty chairs for that Smiley winking

• K
    Beginner October 2014
    katie80uk ·
    • Hide content

Thank you, I have just found out we can have these chairs for sitting down, makes me feel like a queen lol :-)

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Wonderful!! We wanted chairs like that for us at our venue but they don't have them Smiley sad We're having lace hoods instead of sashes to show our chairs lol.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics