Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Elixia
Beginner March 2014

Chair hire companies in cheshire, do you know any?

Elixia, 22 of September of 2013 at 17:20 Posted on Planning 0 10

Me and the OH just visited the venue to clear up some little questions. they were setting up for a wedding that day with was awesome because i could see what they do!

we did agree of something that wasn't on the cards for discussion. 1) the chairs in the civil ceremony room are too corporate left as they are and would look 'under finished' and 2) we hate chair covers.

he views chairs covers as a necessary evil and while i agree yes they are i still don't want them! and the sashes argh, so poofy. i could live with the covers if we use ribbon or lace (thou could snag on garments) or ANYTHING not involving big shiny bows! Chair covers are a last resort. this all reminded me of the pretty silver Chiavari chairs i saw last weekend at a suppliers stand at a wedding fayre. But i went to their website and it was down, then rang up on the business, it rang out but the answering machine was full! that put me on edge. So I'm looking for another company!

MUCH HARDER THAN IT LOOKS. Put into google 'wedding' and 'chair' despite any other word like hire and cheshire and all i get it bloody chair covers!!! I wanna see if i can get a decent quote for 60 Chiavari chairs first.

can anyone help me? my google-fu is broken.

10 replies

Latest activity by Elixia, 28 of January of 2014 at 22:25
  • emmiejune
    Beginner December 2013
    emmiejune ·
    • Hide content

I just searched for chiavari chair hire. What about these?

https://a-e-f.co.uk/

https://pandoraever.com/

A lot of marquee hire places do chairs as well

Smiley smile

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for those!

But its look likes I maybe fighting a losing battle here. OH would rather do chair covers due to cost and cant see 'wants so wrong with them' argh! I just hate them so dam much! Down to the bottom line. he'd rather pay £60 for 60 chair covers and not £180 for 60 chairs. His logical is undeniable .... but argh!!!!

• Mrs*W*2B
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrs*W*2B ·
    • Hide content

Venue perfection does both chair covers and hires out the chairs too!! And she's lovely xx

• emmiejune
    Beginner December 2013
    emmiejune ·
    • Hide content

We have just decided to go for chairs as well. Neither of us are keen on chair covers though so it made it easier. It was whether or not we liked tehm enough for the extra cost. Luckily, OH decided he really did! So 180 for 50 chairs it is!

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

I'm gonna stand steady on this one. I can't even convince myself that chair covers are 'OK'

i might have a solution. using a strip of a white cotton sheet draped over the back and tied into place with ribbon at the base of the sit (hard to explain)

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

So I have a quote for silver Chiavari chairs at £240 and Chair covers with bows at £162.5

My pocket would say chair covers but I cant bring myself to like them to even put my hand in my pocket. I do like the silver chairs but it worth wasting £200+/- on something NO ONE will see once they're seated (as my mum put it) and they're only sitting on for 30 mins!

I find myself torn between making a nice looking entrance/room and the scrooge in me. the compromise would be chair covers but, no, absoluting NOOOOOOOOOOO

• R
    Beginner November 2014
    RomanticGreenHair85 ·
    • Hide content

GIRLS!!!! Help me!!! where on earth did you get these amazing prices for Chairs??? i have been quoted £4.50 PC!!! and i need 100! im not a fan of Chair covers either! Please Please let me know ASAP! I get married in November in macclesfield!

Thanks

Kate

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

Wedding fayres, best place and google. google maps worked better than the normal search list.

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

I saw some lovely ideas to decorate chairs that didn't involve a chair cover, (will try and see if i can find who done them). I'm going to a wedding fayre in Tatton Park on Sunday, you want me to keep an eye out for vendors names for you that offer non-chair cover options?

• R
    Beginner November 2014
    RomanticGreenHair85 ·
    • Hide content

Elixia what company did u use? Google isn't my friend at the moment Smiley sad

any help from the wedding fair would be so helpful! Thank you very much!

such great women on here Smiley smile x

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

None! i eventually went for Elegant Twist and she's prettying up my chairs with a side sash and pom poms!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics