Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner July 2010

Chair Sashes

WendyQ, 13 October, 2009 at 14:44 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to know what you all think about having chair sashes on their own, without the chair covers? Below is a pic of the chairs they have in the marquee where our reception is. My colour scheme is gold and I was thinking of having a gold sash/bow at the top of the chair (where the vertical spindle bits are). I don't want chair covers as we're having more tables and chairs added before the evening reception and feel it will all blend in better this way. Also, I like the chairs so don't want to cover them! Would this look nice or does it look like half a job?! Also, would organza or satin look better? Does anyone know who supplies these cheaply without the chair covers? I'd probably prefer to buy them if they are chep enough and sell them afterwards on e-bay but could hire if not. Thanks!

5 replies

Latest activity by Gillsy, 13 October, 2009 at 15:13
  • HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

TBH I think those chairs look lovely and really don't need a sash. I wouldnt waste money whe they look lovely as they are.

• woo-woo
    Beginner
    woo-woo ·
    • Hide content

I agree with Moonpig I wouldn't bother with a sash they are really nice on their own.

• W
    Beginner July 2010
    WendyQ ·
    • Hide content

Hi Moonpig, that was my initial thought but I'm just a bit worried that apart from the ribbons on the favour boxes and on the cake, there is none of my gold theme anywhere in the reception! I've gone for all ivory flowers for centrepieces which I'm happy with, just wanted to inject a bit of colour. The bridesmaids are in gold and the ushers/best man's ties/hankies are gold

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't add sashes to those chairs either. If you want to add some gold to the tables, add some gold beads on wires to the table flowers or add a few gold artificial flowers in amongst them.

These were for a Gold theme:

You can just see the gold & Ivory arrangements in the windows:

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

I'm sure theyre are lots of ways you could introduce gold to your reception. Could you not get some gold table diamonds to sprinkle on your table? Or add some gold decorations to your flowers?

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

I also think those chairs are nice on their own and don't really need any decoration.

I am, however, having white sashes with no covers on my chairs but they have solid dark wood backs. I seen this picture and really liked it although not sure it works the same for your chairs.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics