Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner September 2012

Chaircover sashes not the same colour as Bridemaid dresses **Flashes**

libbie1, 30 of April of 2012 at 16:24 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to get a little advice and opinions from you all regarding the chaircover sashes. My wedding is on 9th September 2012 so hopefully it will still be fairly sunny. My bridemaid dresses are merlot
and were a bargain from Coast. Originally i thought they looked more aubergine on the coast site but when they arrived they were slightly darker, however, my bridesmaid love the shape and colour so i decided to keep them and work with my florist in keeping bridal bouquets/top table arrangements and pedestals very light with dusky/pale pinks. This is the bridesmaid bouquet
that the florist will try to recreate. My bouquet is all ivory but will be based on the "just-picked" look to resemble the bridesmaids bouquets. As it's still summertime i like the idea of staying fresh and light.

1. Do you think this bouquet will match with the bridesmaid dresses

2. I'm not at all keen on having the merlot sash on the chaircovers since it looks quite dark and almost has a winter wedding look to them. What other colour sash would you pick instead, do you think a pale pink will work even though the bridesmaids are in merlot or should i just stick with the merlot sashes.

any advice will be welcome.

Thanks

3 replies

Latest activity by Moniquemo4, 18 of October of 2023 at 09:21
  • 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

IMO the flowers will be a lovely contrast to the dresses, but personally I would pick another colour from the bouquet to have for the sashes ( obviously depends on your colour scheme) .

• Gurzle
    Beginner April 2013
    Gurzle ·
    • Hide content

Definitely go with a pale pink for the chair sashes - I'm a bit biased as I can't abide people's clothes being matched to furniture, but go for a tonal pink and you're co-ordinated, not matching, and that is much nicer in my book! It all looks lovely - and the bouquet is beautifully summery.

• M
    Beginner March 2023 Monmouthshire
    Moniquemo4 ·
    • Hide content

Thank for sharing this information.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics