Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hayley
Rockstar September 2022 Norfolk

Chairs

Hayley, 22 of April of 2022 at 21:53 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 7
Do you think beechwood folding chairs will be okay, without cushions, or are we going to need something more comfortable? We're having rustic trestle tables in a sailcloth marquee. Thanks.

7 replies

Latest activity by Hayley, 23 of April of 2022 at 17:12
  • T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin
    • Hide content
    Personally, I鈥檇 try to add some cushions if you can!
  • Hayley
    Hayley
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks. Maybe we'll have to spend the extra 拢1 per chair and go chivari. I love crossback but they're 拢3.50 each (birchwood are 拢1.70 and chivari are 拢2.75). Having 62 seats for the day. We'll likely have about 100 guests for the evening. Do you think we'll need more chairs for then? We'll have space for 32 outside on bales (weather permitting) and a bit more on bales inside a bell tent (maybe 14).
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte
    • Hide content
    I don't think you will need extra chairs for the evening guests as you have the bales. I would try and have cushion s though for your day guests if you are having a full sit down meal, but if not then I wouldn't worry too much as people will be mingling around and then dancing, that said for an extra 60 odd quid it would be worth it if you can afford it
  • Hayley
    Hayley
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Charlotte. I guess I am just worried the British weather will play havoc and rain will stop play for the use of the bales. I am very tempted by the corssback chairs, which I really love. It's not a huge amount more in the grand scheme of things. Although this is not the first time we have had that attitude, then it all adds up haha.

Does anyone know if there's a calculation for amount of chairs per evening guest?
    Thanks
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes the wear is something you can't control so if it worries you then maybe add some more. Our venue are doing chairs for 75% of our total evening guests if that helps
  • Hayley
    Hayley
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Brilliant, yes 75% gives us a good figure to work with. Many thanks 馃槉
  • Hayley
    Hayley
    • Hide content
    Also, your wedding is in a week. Thank you for spending the time to answer my questions at such a busy time for you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics