Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Champagne dress........... what colour of veil?

1 February, 2011 at 20:40 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi there,

This question is actually for my friend at work.

She's got a very light gold coloured wedding dress (we'd describe it more as champagne) and she was asking what colour of veil would go? She's not keen on it being the same colour as her dress.

All the girls/guys at work were abit stuck so I said I'd ask you lovely ladies at hitched ?

Thanks from Leila in advance!

5 replies

Latest activity by eveywoo77, 2 February, 2011 at 19:00
  • Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I had a pale Gold dress with an Ivory veil. The white veil looked too stark & bright against the warm tones of the dress.

• L
    Lil'Guy Celebration Stationery ·
    • Hide content

Ivory would work well, perhaps she could have some beading or embroidery on it in light gold?

• N
    Beginner April 2011
    nat2683 ·
    • Hide content

My veil is going to be diamond white, I guess its just another term for light ivory. Officially my dress is ivory but it's such a wide colour group that my dress falls on the white side of ivory.

Ive ordered my veil from https://theweddingveilshop.co.uk/

They do fabric samples, as Im sure do other online veil stores, so this might be a good way for your friend to deceide what colour to go for.

In the end neither my mum or I were sure if I should go for diamond white veil or ivory so I sent a bit of my dress that had been shorterned to the veil shop and they told me!

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

I had a light gold dress. This is the only pic I can find that shows the colour and even then it's not too good but my was made with a 'blush' coloured material. 'Blush' is normally for pink tones but it was the only colour that was right with my dress. Ivory was just too white against my dress.

• eveywoo77
    Beginner August 2011
    eveywoo77 ·
    • Hide content

My dress is light gold (alfred angelo 1160) i have gone for a veil that i think is called blush but an oyster pink would suit it too

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics