Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2020

Changed my mind about the wedding venue!

SunnyGreenCakes99139, 22 of June of 2018 at 16:11 Posted on Planning 0

Help! I have found a venue that i have fallen in love with, after i have already booked another venue and paid my non-refundable deposit. I was advised at the time of handing over my deposit that it was non-refundable but in the contact it just says, 'we are entitled to retain any sums previously paid'. So that sounds as if they may refund, depending on the circumstances. The wedding isn’t until 2020, so im pretty sure they won’t struggle to fill the space. Has anyone else changed their mind and successfully managed to get their deposit back?

thank you x

• LondonSquirrel
    Beginner October 2018
    LondonSquirrel ·
    • Hide content

At my SIL's first wedding, her mum had to change the venue to a bigger one to accommodate the groom's parents wanting to suddenly invite more people(!) Yes easy to make demands when you aren't paying. My FIL didn't speak to his about-to-be son-in-law for a while because of it. The upshot was that the original hotel wouldn't give any money back, and MIL decided to hold a post wedding brunch the day after the wedding for a select few of us, to use the money. If they won't give a refund, maybe you could do something similar?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics