Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner October 2011

Changed my mind on my wedding dress **flash**

SuperSpud, 31 October, 2010 at 09:52 Posted on Planning 0 7

One of the first things I did was get my dress, it cost me £100 and I was really thrilled it was so cheap. However, I haven't seen it since late August and on Friday needed to print off some photos of it to take with me so I could buy a veil and tiara. Until I looked at the photos again, I couldn't remember anything about my dress at all. My heart certainly doesn't skip a beat when I think about it. But, it saved us some money, so I was happy.

However, I went with my Mum to the shop to view these veils, and theres heaps of wedding dresses hung around. My mum sees me looking at them (I wasn't, I was staring into space) and said "are you really 100% happy with your dress?" I said yes, so she says describe it - and I couldn't! Even though I'd only just looked at photos of it, I couldn't remember what it looked like.

So Mum has a word with the lady in the shop and the next minute all these pretty dresses are being lifted down for me to try on and I'm being lead off to the changing room. I tried on a few and one of those was "the one". This time I can still recall what it looks like even the day after, and I keep daydreaming about wearing it. I haven't a photo of me in it, but here's a stock photo from another website.

Purely self-indulgent post, but I can't tell OH about it and I sooooo want to. I've noticed lots of ladies on here doing mood board - how are you doing them?

7 replies

Latest activity by SuperSpud, 31 October, 2010 at 16:34
  • Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

That is beautiful I love the detail on the front of it.

If this is the one then go for it!

• KristaltippsHall
    Beginner February 2011
    KristaltippsHall ·
    • Hide content

Wow that is beautiful! x

• Mrs_T2B
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs_T2B ·
    • Hide content

That's lovely. I love the detail on the bodice and the way the material wraps under the booblet area and again at the waist x

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

Now that is gorgeous! Don't you give me wobbles cause I've done the same as you and have mine cause it was a bargain!

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

WOW, I really love the detailing and the way it wraps around the front. Stunning and elegant, no wonder it was the one!! Glad you found your dress which you 100% love.

• Fleur10
    Beginner June 2011
    Fleur10 ·
    • Hide content

I did exactly the same thing....I'm glad I'm not the only one ? Everything is for a reason though and I'm very glad I have found 'the one' now. My 1st dress was at my house though as I bought it from a wedding shop that was closing down so then I had 2 dresses to hide from h2b!!

I love the bodice on your new one, very different ?

• F
    Beginner April 2012
    futureMrsM ·
    • Hide content

Omg i tried the same one yest and fell in love made me look so thin i couldnt stop smiling great taste hun hehe xx

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    SuperSpud ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks everyone ? I know what you mean - I have a bit of a podgy tummy and big thighs but my saving grace, figure-wise, is my smallish waist. I felt so slim in this dress - it seems to draw attention away from my tum to my waist. I absolutely adore it, and it reduced my mum to tears, which was something the other dress didn't do. Although the lady in the shop laced it up quite tightly, I felt very comfortable and could happily have stayed in it for hours.

It's now on order - I can't wait, I want it now!!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics