Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I
Beginner October 2012

Changing a name on a holiday/not being able to change a name!

irishsorone, 17 July, 2009 at 10:23 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 13

Basically, I have a holiday booked with my ex partner/partner to Mexico, complicated situation at the minute! Holiday is first week in October but the problem is, last weekend he went to a festival and wouldnt give me my ticket and im afraid of the same thing happening again! He says he wouldnt go without me to Mexico but im not sure i trust him anymore! I know what you're thinking, do i really want to go and the answer is yes, I really want this holiday! Anyway, up to what point could he change my name on the holiday and take someone else or is there anything else I could do to stop him from changing my name? He's the lead name on the holiday and im not sure he would change it!

Any advice welcomed, thanks

13 replies

Latest activity by irishsorone, 17 July, 2009 at 14:21
  • M
    Beginner
    Mrs JMP ·
    • Hide content

Yes he can.

ETA (stupid phone)

He can change the name up to 2hrs before check in. I don't think you can do much, as it's in his name .

• A
    Beginner August 2007
    alison76 ·
    • Hide content

Not sure you can do anything to be honest - he can change the name any time up until the tickets are issued, at a price, and I think it's also possible to change once the tickets are issued but with a higher charge.

• I
    Beginner October 2012
    irishsorone ·
    • Hide content

How is that fair tho? I paid the deposit so why, just because he was the one who phoned the travel agent be the one to have control over who does and doesnt go?

• HeidiHole
    Beginner October 2003
    HeidiHole ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure I understand, if you're back together then why are you worried about him changing the name on the ticket?

Could you maybe ring the travel agent and have a word with them if it would put your mind at rest?

• I
    Beginner October 2012
    irishsorone ·
    • Hide content

Because it was only 2 days before the music festival when we finished last week and he sold my ticket to someone else! I just cant take the chance that im gonna be sat in October with 2 weeks off work and no where to go with no one to go with, its my 30th bday present!

• A
    Beginner August 2007
    alison76 ·
    • Hide content

So other than the deposit, have you paid for the holiday or is it a present to you? If so, you don't really have much say if he's paid for it anyway.

Is cancelling an option? And then re-booking?

• HeidiHole
    Beginner October 2003
    HeidiHole ·
    • Hide content

Erm, if it's a present and he's paid for it, he can kind of do what he likes with it if you split up again.

Honestly, if you're happy to be back with him I'd try not to worry, it sounds a leeeeetle like you're more concerned about the holiday than anything else. I don't think it's particularly healthy to be thinking that way.

Also, if the worst happens and you do split up, you've got two weeks where you can take yourself off somewhere fabulous.

• N
    noname ·
    • Hide content

It depends on how the holiday was booked. A package probably could be changed for a fee. If it was scheduled flights with accommodation booked separately then a name change might not be permitted for the flight. If that's the case and he paid he could cancel your ticket to stop you travelling anyway if he wished.

• I
    Beginner October 2012
    irishsorone ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I see what you mean, but common decency which i thought he had would tell me that if you've got someone a present you dont take it back of them! And yeah i am concerned about the holiday, i had originally planned to go away with my sisters for my 30th and he convinced me to go with him instead, but obviously when we were getting on better! And i also agree its not healthy!lol!

Also, im a single mum with not a lot of money so id have to save up for a holiday away, ive not been saving a penny as as far as i was concerned it was all sorted!

But im gonna have to admit defeat with this one i guess, that theres nothing i can do, if he decides to change it he can change it, even at the very last minute!

Ask me 2 weeks ago and id say he wouldnt do it to me, but after what he did to me with the music festival, i cant trust that he wont do the same again!

TBH, its not the healthiest relationship, he cheated 7 months ago and i forgave him but since then things just havent been good! Why do i want to go on holiday with him then? coz when its just the 2 of us we're fine, its when other become involved that the problems start (he got a lot of money recently and alot of people have come out of the woodwork wanting to be his best friend and hes kinda immature and is easily influenced)

But thanks everyone, i do appreciate it!

• HeidiHole
    Beginner October 2003
    HeidiHole ·
    • Hide content

Honestly, I'd sack off the holiday and ditch the bad boyfriend, no holiday is worth all that aggravation.

If you could save enough between now and October for a cheap weekend away with friends/sisters, I'd do that instead in a heartbeat. There will be other holidays, trust me.

• A
    Beginner August 2007
    alison76 ·
    • Hide content

I agree with what HH just said.

• M
    Beginner
    Mrs JMP ·
    • Hide content

Have you paid off the balance yet?

If I were you & in the same situation, I would not give a penny towards the balance.

Being stuck out in Mexico with a person who is likely to do something to destroy trust, like he already has done in a childish way, it no way fun. It's not like a 2hr flight home from spain.

x

• SophieM
    SophieM ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Absolutely, he sounds like a total waste of space and this whole situation sounds like it's just going to cause you stress. And why have you paid the deposit on the holiday when it's his "present" to you?

• I
    Beginner October 2012
    irishsorone ·
    • Hide content

TBH, you've al just told me what i already know!

May just looking at booking a holiday for me and my sister and paying for the both of us to go on the dreaded credit card, lol!

Hes def not worth it!

p.s. i paid deposit coz he didnt have the money at the time but hes paid the full balance now!

Thanks everyone!

p.p.s. he is a complete waste of space, lol!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics