Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Dedicated September 2021 East Central London

Changing dress after dinner, before the party!?

Theorganisedbride, 3 of August of 2021 at 13:21 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 10
Hi all! I am getting married at the end of September, in my mum’s wedding dress (although it’s been altered quite a bit since she wore it 30 years ago!). I was thinking of changing into another dress for the evening reception (after dinner), which would be short and sparkly and fun to dance in. What are your thoughts?
Do you think I’ll regret not keeping the big wedding dress on all night?!

10 replies

Latest activity by Theorganisedbride, 10 of August of 2021 at 14:54
  • A
    Savvy July 2021 Devon
    Alexandra ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I got changed between the two dance sets when I got married last week - cannot recommend it highly enough! I felt like a princess in the first set but honestly I got annoyed with trying not to trip over it in my heels (I'm clumsy Smiley smile ) - I got changed into a short yellow multiway dress with sparkly Kate Spade Keds and had SO much more fun dancing and being silly!!

• T
    Theorganisedbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Alexandra, good to know! Your second outfit sounds amazing! Think I will go for it!!
  • F
    Curious October 2021 Essex
    Frances ·
    • Hide content
    I’ve bought a dress to change into for the DJ part of the wedding from coast. Silver Sparkly halter neck - they have a sale on at the moment too! Smiley smile it’s knee length so I’ll be able to dance more (if we’re allowed to dance!)
  • R
    Savvy May 2022 South West London
    Rosie ·
    • Hide content

Yes I am having a second dress for the evening.

I originally bought a dress that was very 'me' and was planning on wearing it all day until I went to a boutique and bought a more traditional ivory dress that I fell in love with. I adored my first dress so much I just decided to do it and wear both. Only so many days in life you can get away with a Mariah/Beyonce kind of costume change and your wedding is one of them.

• E
    Dedicated October 2022 East London
    Ebony ·
    • Hide content
    I have two dresses, the ceremony dress is floor-length and figure hugging but not very good for dancing. The second a midi fit and flare length so I don't have to constantly hold my tummy in. I plan to change after we cut the cake ready for dancing. Initially I didn't want teo dresses but my mother convinced me, she's actually making the ceremony dress and doesn't mind it being worn for a few hours.
  • T
    Theorganisedbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooog yes, I’ve seen Coast have lots of lovely sparkly things! Good choice!! And yes to being able to dance freely!
  • T
    Theorganisedbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahaha exactly! Love that - a Mariah/Beyoncé costume change!!! Good idea!
  • T
    Theorganisedbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Totally agree - best to be comfortable and enjoy the dancing!!
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    I have thought about doing this as I want to be able to dance and I’ve bought some wedding converse for the evening but my only thought was that evening guests won’t see your ceremony dress? Or I suppose you change after they have all arrived ? I don’t know!!
  • T
    Theorganisedbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m not having any evening only guests, so everyone will see my dress even if I change! Smiley smile
    If I did have evening only guests then I suppose I would change after the cake cutting and first dance so they’d still see it? x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics