Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner March 2014

Changing neckline

WelshSam, 23 of September of 2013 at 15:47 Posted on Planning 0 11

Has anyone here changed their neckline on their dress? Mine is straight across and i'm thinking of changing it into a sweetheart so it's a bit more flattering.

11 replies

Latest activity by SarahW73, 23 of September of 2013 at 21:20
  • J
    Beginner August 2014
    judejade ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

I haven't but I did see a dress I loved and wanted it done - the seamstress said it wasn't a prob and they do it all the time. the only thing you need to be careful of is if there is detail on the bodice that might be changed by doing it - what dress is it?

x

• Penny P
    Beginner March 2014
    Penny P ·
    • Hide content

I'm thinking of doing this to my dress too, as well as removing the straps and adding some kind of lace in the style of Kate Middleton's wedding dress (my mum is a seamstress so I'm very lucky ?

• W
    Beginner March 2014
    WelshSam ·
    • Hide content

That's good to know. Any ideas how much that would cost?

Heres a pic of my dress, no detailing on the bodice.

(Minus the thing on the hand and the sash)

• W
    Beginner March 2014
    WelshSam ·
    • Hide content

I was thinking of adding straps too, but i'm going to settle for a bolero as it will be March and probably cold (not that a lace bolero will do much) You're very lucky to have a mum who's a seamstress, you're going to save yourself a lot money. I haven't been quoted by my seamstress yet. I'm hoping it'll be under £150 for everything i want done.

• Penny P
    Beginner March 2014
    Penny P ·
    • Hide content

Wow what a pretty dress! ❤️

My mum is sooo busy I bought my dress so she didn't have to make it! She was quite relieved but almost every week I call her and say ' mum, could you do this to my dress...can you add this...what would happen if you did this...' etc etc you get the idea!

• J
    Beginner August 2014
    judejade ·
    • Hide content

That's a lovely dress! I'm sure it'll be fine as there's not too much on that part - I was quoted £95 to do that and add some little sparkles into the roses I had on the dress - changed my mind about the whole dress in the end!

x

• W
    Beginner March 2014
    WelshSam ·
    • Hide content

Penny p - What's your dress if you don't mind me asking? If my mum was a seamstress i'd be exactly the same!

• J
    Beginner August 2014
    judejade ·
    • Hide content

My granddad was a dressmaker - gutted he's 94 now and can't see as well otherwise I'd be the same!

x

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Not neckline but my friend has changed te back of her dress so it goes in to a deep V rather than scooped.

Dress makers are fantastic and can do so much when it comes to alterations.

• S
    Beginner December 2013
    Snowrose ·
    • Hide content

I'm doing the same, changing a straight-across to a sweetheart, and I also want it a bit more fitted over my thighs. I haven't been to my first fitting yet, but the lovely ladies in the shop said it wouldn't be a problem!

• H
    Beginner July 2013
    HAG13 ·
    • Hide content

Although mine was not strapless, I had my v-neckline tweaked a little to give a better shape. Just a little pinch by the underarm so the straps could be worn on the edge of the should instead. I wasn't overly keen on my dress until the lady in the shop stood behind me and gave it a little pinch in the right place. Amazing how much a small change can make!

• SarahW73
    Beginner September 2013
    SarahW73 ·
    • Hide content

I had a dress made based on one that had a straight across neckline. I had a sweetheart neckline instead & so glad I did!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics