Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner June 2021 Aberdeen & Deeside

Changing suppliers

Gemma, 8 of April of 2021 at 13:12 Posted on Planning 0 1
Hi everyone, I have a bit of a challenging situation and I was hoping for some advice or what people did if they were in the same situation. I am due to get married at the end of June and have appointments/trials sorted for everything except for the cake. Basically I am really struggling communication wise with them. I contacted them on 25th March to enquire about an appointment to decide on our cake following changes to lockdown, travel restrictions etc. and was told they would get back to me in a few days. It is now a fortnight since I have heard from them. I messaged on Saturday (with no response) and resorted to WhatsApping last night. I have now had a response however after sharing my availability I'm back to radio silence.I'm starting to panic a bit as aside from the deposit, NOTHING has been done regarding the cake. I guess what I'm asking is has anyone else had a similar experience and if I should be looking to change supplier. I'm trying to be empathetic in that we're all going through a pandemic and everyone is processing what is going on in their own way, however I also want to know that my cake will be organised and as I want it on my wedding. Any help would be great!

1 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 13:21
  • N
    Dedicated May 2022 Somerset
    Nathalie ·
    • Hide content
    This definitely sounds a bit off, in terms of not replying, particularly via WhatsApp. Is it possible they have been closed/on furlough? Our caterer are, so they haven’t replied to email queries, or in fairness to them they have an automated email reply explaining the situation.
    If they are, they should be back from Monday, so perhaps you should try contacting them then, and if you still get nothing it might be time to find someone else (and raise a claim if you paid the deposit by credit card)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics