Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

lovelygirl
Beginner August 2011

Changing the date after the "save the dates" were sent???

lovelygirl, 27 October, 2010 at 14:28 Posted on Planning 0 14

Well we have befallen a disaster somewhat as the bishop that was to do FIL2b ordination has moved on and hence his ordination has been push back past our original date of 2nd july to the 23rd of july, H2b and I are agreed that we want FIL2b to conduct our marriage ceremony so hence we are going to have to move our date...... to what i am not sure yet as can't get hold of the father of church we are getting married in or the village hall to work out alternative dates hope we do not have to push it too far as originally we wanted to get married in april or may, but then decided to have FIL2b marry us and he was getting ordained early june....

Feeling really really fed up - feel like i am starting again...... hopefully we will be able to keep all our suppliers.....

Do you think it is that far in advance that i can just send out new save the dates???? what would you do?

14 replies

Latest activity by Vikster79, 28 October, 2010 at 14:06
  • Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

In all honesty i dont see the point in STD's for a couple of reasons, one of which being times like this when problems can arrise with arranging etc. I would be inclined, once sorted and confirmed of course, to contact the people you originally sent STD and tell them the problem and send the invites afterwards. Hope it all goes well when you manage to get hold of them - fingers crossed.

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

Yup i am cursing sending out the save the dates..... just could really do without all the hassle.....

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

Feeling like the wedding is on hold temporally put on hold whilst we sort out this mess, the catholic church is going to drive me barmy before i even get married...... aaahhhh

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Did you manage to get hold of anyone?

• S
    Beginner January 2009
    sammy_wheeler ·
    • Hide content

No just wait until you send the invites out. and if you talk to people just mention it is now 23/7

we are date twins hehe

• S
    Beginner January 2009
    sammy_wheeler ·
    • Hide content

Is your ticker wrong??- the 23rd july is 8months 3 weeks and 5 days

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

Nope did not get hold of anyone and unfortunately will not be date twin sam as the ordination is like university graduation so the earliest would be 24th but my best friend has a wedding on the 30th so it is looking like a august date now, I have not changed my ticker has no idea to what date it will change Smiley sad

• S
    Beginner January 2009
    sammy_wheeler ·
    • Hide content

Ahh not good. hope you get it sorted soon

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

Thanks sam, fingers crossed for people answering the phone tomorrow!

• Josiep00
    Beginner December 2010
    Josiep00 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah I would tell people who you have sent the save the date too, and once you know the new date FOR CERTAIN ? then send out a little reminder.

Hope you manage to get hold of people once you decide on a new date!

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Josie, yep i am definitely going to spread the word once all the i are dotted and the t's crossed - I was at that point before and it has just be unfortunate and unavoidable event... I think there is only one person it is going to inconvenience and all i can really say is that i am sorry....

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

Can't get hold of the women that runs the village hall till next week she is away on half term holidays aaaaahhhhh oh well in an hour at least i should hope to know where i stand with dates with regard to the church......

• justpeachy81
    Beginner October 2011
    justpeachy81 ·
    • Hide content

I think it's fine to change the date after a STD has been sent (although I'm biasedm I did this as well!).

If your wedding is a while away people wont have changed any plans or anything to accommodate your wedding, so I wouldn't worry too much about it at this point.

Hope you get it all sorted ?

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

Well have spoken to the priest and just need to check to see if the village hall is free but it looks like we are going to be getting married on the 13th of august.... but there is other availablility at the church but at later hour than i would like... if we get married on the 13th it would be at 12.30 rather than 2pm

oh and the photographer is free then so one less thing to worry about phew....

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Brilliant, we its all coming together now. You will feel better when its all confirmed im sure.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics