Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kayleigh
Rockstar October 2023 Bristol

Changing your mind about things

Kayleigh, 13 of May of 2021 at 15:04 Posted on Planning 0 6

So I'm still just at the looking at quotes stage. I know where I want at the moment its just figuring out exactly what I want in my bespoke package.

I know it sounds silly, but will the venue get annoyed if you change your mind about particular things during the quote stage?

I'm fortunate enough to have been provided with the means to pay my venue in full, meaning I can bring my day forward by a year, so I need to change the date I've given them provisionally.

I also still need numbers worked around and extra bedrooms/certain parts of the package tweaked. I just don't want to be a pain in the proverbial to anyone and get my planning off on the wrong foot!

6 replies

Latest activity by Kenna, 14 of May of 2021 at 17:57
  • A
    Beginner June 2022 Bristol
    Abigail ·
    • Hide content

I would ask!

I was also worried about not knowing all the answers right away but it actually turned out that our venue doesn't need them right now. For example they just put the minimum number of adults for the cheapest drinks package on the initial invoice, and we can add extras later. Same for the accommodation, they asked if we wanted to book it, and when I said "I don't know" they said that was fine. Our caterer is the same - they said we could change anything up to 6 weeks before hand!

• Kayleigh
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah that's great, thank you that's taken a little weight off my shoulders! I was so worried I was going to create bad feeling because I keep changing my mind lol. x

• Jasmine
    Curious August 2023 Norfolk
    Jasmine ·
    • Hide content
    My venue is the same, they just put the standard package on the initial quote then we can add extras until a few weeks before the date. The only thing that may be an issue is changing the date of the wedding but still no harm in asking 😊
  • Kayleigh
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! I'm hoping as there hasn't been any formal planning nor deposit paid yet it won't be too much hassle to change! x

• Jasmine
    Curious August 2023 Norfolk
    Jasmine ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I’m sure that should be no issue then as long as the date you want is still available! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics