Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

charlottelucy
Beginner August 2012

Changing your name on Paypal

charlottelucy, 7 October, 2012 at 17:07 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 11

Afternoon ladies

Ive gone onto ebay today to try and sell some clothes and had problems listing due to my paypal account not being varyfied. Ive used paypal for years and years now without any problems so I am assuming I am having problems now as my surname on my bank account has changed and Paypal wont let me change without uploading a copy of my marriage certificate.

I had tried uploading it the other day at work but it kept crashing and throwing me out so gave up. Just wondered if anyone else had problems with this and if so what did you do?

Thank you x

11 replies

Latest activity by Mrs Bass, 9 October, 2012 at 14:13
  • Mrs Whippy
    Beginner September 2012
    Mrs Whippy ·
    • Hide content

How weird. I've just tried to do the same. Mine said the same - either a copy of a valid photo identification showing your new name or a copy of the court-issued document showing your name change (e.g., marriage certificate-licence, divorce decree, deed poll).

We got married in Greece so not sure they'll accept the certificate as proof of I.D I'll give it a go though.

Facebook won't let me change my surname as it's now Balls - it keeps saying "you must provide your real name". Grrrrrrrr. Gotta send them a pick of my new passport when that comes through.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I've still not worked it out. Mr now knows when I have bought someone on eBay as it comes in my maiden name.

• Tiny-Tiggs
    Beginner April 2012
    Tiny-Tiggs ·
    • Hide content

Haha wonder if it would like mrs whippy any better...

how weird. i've changed my name with the bank and not with paypal but i havent noticed any problems arising.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

PayPal does like your bak name to match, but I don't know how they would know one was your single name iyswim. I had trouble loading my files on day, it kept timing out, but I got there eventually. If not it says you can fax them the paperwork, is that an option?

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I had enless issues with paypal after the wedding, it was a total nightmare. They wanted blood pretty much to change the name. In the end I ended up setting up a new account.

• charlottelucy
    Beginner August 2012
    charlottelucy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've just managed to upload a photo of my driving license so will see if I hear from them this week. They wouldn't know which was my madien and married name but I think it's the fact there's two different names that's causing the problem, very frustrating!

i can fax from work if it comes to it.

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

I had problems , so changed my bank card details but not my name.

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same here, was a nightmare but got there in the end. Had to send photographic ID (sent my drivers licence) and a copy of my marriage certificate. Finally said to them that if they don't change it il leave it as my maiden name. They then changed it Smiley smile

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I think I would just open a new account

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

sames!

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

At the time I did not have my new driving licence or passport. Total mare!!!

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

I remember having issues after I got married and changed my name, there was no way i was sending off my wedding certificate, it took me a year to work up the confidence to post it off for my driving liscence!

This i ended up creating a new account maybe?!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics