Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner September 2022 Hampshire

Charity donation instead of gifts

Libby, 11 of January of 2022 at 19:53 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 5
Instead of a gift registry we are wanting to ask for donations to a charity that is very important to us. I’m just not sure how to go about collecting the money and also how to ask for it. Has anyone else done similar?

5 replies

Latest activity by Amber, 12 of January of 2022 at 09:37
  • S
    Dedicated August 2023 South Yorkshire
    Sloufish ·
    • Hide content

We are thinking of doing similar and adding links via our wedding website or QR codes on invitations.

S x

• L
    Beginner September 2022 Hampshire
    Libby ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for your reply Smiley smile are you just linking to the charity page or setting up a justgiving page or similar?
  • S
    Dedicated August 2023 South Yorkshire
    Sloufish ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm not really sure yet, we haven't set anything up yet. My partner is doing all the IT for it. It would probably just be a link straight to the chosen charity donation page as we are considering offering a couple of options that mean something to us not just one.

S x

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

You could add the link straight to their page, or set up a separate giving page that you will then be able to see donations and send on to the charity. I think these would be the better options rather than it going to you and then you pass on, and is also simpler for your guests to do and know it is going to the charity directly.

• Amber
    Savvy November 2022 West Yorkshire
    Amber ·
    • Hide content
    You could set up a just giving page and then do either a qr code or a link dependant on how you’re doing your invitations. Lovely idea Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics