Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner March 2013

Charity favour ideas

moptop, 19 May, 2012 at 13:09 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi all,

I am thinking of getting all the ladies who are attending my wedding charity pin badges for cancer/breast cancer. I'm unsure of what i could get for the guys attending?? Any ideas??

I've seen some "less feminine" cancer pin badges but i don't think the guys will be that interested!?

7 replies

Latest activity by moptop, 20 May, 2012 at 06:56
  • porkchop
    Beginner September 2012
    porkchop ·
    • Hide content

We're having blue cancer research for the men and pink for the ladies, I dont think it really matters, its the thought and sentiment behind them that counts. I think I have seen key rings though, so maybe those for the men? I think they do prostate cancer ones.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Not crazy about charity favours myself, but it's easy to forget that men get breast cancer as well! I have seen a couple of guys talk about how annoyed they get at the female 'owning' of breast cancer (although they were both rather extreme Men's Rights advocates). So why not give them all the same, not sure men will mind a pink favour!

• Suzie&Karl
    Beginner January 2012
    Suzie&Karl ·
    • Hide content

We had local hospice ones for the men which were stars and cancer reserch ones for the women which were flowers.

we put them in a pillow favour box with a mini chocolate in, with the pin badge and a note saying ' a donation has been made on your behalf, to the hospice of the good shepherd and cancer research, in celebration of the wedding of suzanne and karl'..or something like that, was a few months back now lol.

i think men will be touched just as much as women with getting them

x

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

Our wedding was the week before Remembrance Sunday so we had poppies for buttonholes and poppy pins as favors, all from The Royal British Legion. We also got hair accessories and badges (help for hero's) for the children.

• greenbean
    Beginner July 2012
    greenbean ·
    • Hide content

We are not 'giving' the guests anything. They will all get a pebble, and then near the guestbook is a table with four vases with sand and water in. Each vase represents a charity chosen by me, oh, mil/fil, and my mum and dad. There is a little info on each charity and the guests decided to drop their pebble in whichever one and we give a small donation for each pebble in each charity vase.

We had the same issue of trying to find 'manly' favours for the charities we wanted so opted for this instead. it also meant we could choose charities that did not do merchandise if we so wished.

• RachTN25
    Beginner December 2012
    RachTN25 ·
    • Hide content

Cancer research do different pins and we're getting the ones with the pink stone in for the ladies and blue for the men.

xx

• SR
    Beginner June 2013
    SR ·
    • Hide content

We have got a variety of different designed pin badges from Cancer Research. Some of them were butterflies, flowers, angels, ducks, ribbon. They're not overly feminine and it's the donation that counts. We're also giving them a Alzheimer's Society trolley token in rememberance of my Nan who died in Jan. The kids are getting mini bears from Alzheimer's society instead ?

• M
    Beginner March 2013
    moptop ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much for your help and inspiration people!! its great to have a different perspective on the matter, as a lot of you have said its the sentiment behind it. We are definitely going blue for the boys and pink for the girls. Thanks again Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics