Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

IGB2B
Beginner May 2014

Charity Favours

IGB2B, 4 of March of 2014 at 21:01 Posted on Planning 0 9

After lots and lots of thinking about favours, I've decided to get charity favours. Is anyone else going down this route? I'm just getting simple ones from Macmillan Cancer. They are little seed packs inside name place cards. I love the idea of my guests planting flowers and thinking of our wedding when they grow. But the main thing for me is that we are doing a little but to help others.

Cancer Research also do wedding favour pin badges. Does anyone know any other charities who do wedding favours?

9 replies

Latest activity by goldpants, 5 of March of 2014 at 19:26
  • H
    Beginner May 2015
    Hotchilli999 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I think most charities do the pins, I emailed the MS Society to see if they did as I couldn't find anything on their website and they told me they did them. So I will be ordering from them in the next few months.

If there's another charity you want to look at, I'd email them to ask Smiley smile

Good luck Smiley smile

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Heres one from a few years back, they were pinned to the place names, and then I think they had a seperate card on each table with a few words about them and why.

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

We are doing charity favours. We got some from the local Cancer Research shop, notepads, pens, magnets etc and we have got some pens from a local animal charity too.

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

Oooh I love the idea of seed packets, I've seen it not related to charity and wanted them but if I can blend my love of nature and charity together than all the better! I wrote about a few other charity ideas and breast cancer favours here: https://www.mariannechua.com/alternative-wedding-inspiration-3-ways-to-do-good-things-for-charity-at-your-wedding/

• chels1315
    Beginner August 2015
    chels1315 ·
    • Hide content

Love the seeds idea.

We are thinking of having charity favours as well, we are having mini versions of our wedding cake as cupcakes for our favours but going to try attach a pin from our chosen charity to the cupcake box somehow

• MissKB
    Beginner June 2014
    MissKB ·
    • Hide content

We are pinning Cancer Research badges to our name place cards, with a request that people wear them in memory of the much loved family and friends who cant be with us on the day

Between us, we have lost my grandfather and brother, and my OH's grandfather and Mum to Cancer. His Mum only died last April so I hope everyone will see the significance of the badges

xx

• W
    Beginner August 2014
    weddingvirgin ·
    • Hide content

Oooh i love the idea of the seeds! we also wanted charity favours so will definitely consider these!

• Foo
    Beginner June 2014
    Foo ·
    • Hide content

Love those seeds - I wasn't going to do favours at all but I really like the fact that they double as a place card and are easy for people to put in their pocket/bag. And it would be a nice way to remember my lovely mum. Thanks for posting them.

• goldpants
    Beginner May 2014
    goldpants ·
    • Hide content

We are having the cards above and pink pins for girls, blue pins for boys x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics