Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner September 2013

Charity lottery wedding favours

r4chy, 2 of July of 2013 at 11:10 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi everyone ?

Just to introduce myself, I am Rachel and I am getting married to Shaun in September - only 11 weeks and 4 days to go (not that I'm counting or anything!) ?

Anyway to get to the point before I bore everyone, at one of the many wedding fayres that I have been to I came across a charity doing lottery tickets as wedding favours. I really like this idea as it supports a charity and offers your guests chance to win a little prize.

I didn't really want to use the charity that I saw offering the service as I would prefer to support a local charity. I found a local charity that held a monthly lottery and in March I asked them if they did lottery wedding favours. I was pleased to find out that although they didn't do it yet, it was something they planned on doing and they had their designers towards creating a sample.

Several months on I hadn't heard anything so I gave them a gentle 'prod' as I didn't want to get to a week before and end up with no favours. They got back to me straight away apologising for the delay and assuring me I would have the proof soon.

I don't really want to 'nag' them, I'm sure they are very busy, so I was thinking about just buying their lottery tickets and creating my own favours. I think I'm going to go with a scroll effect but the problem I have is the wording. This is where hopefully you guys could help ? Has anyone been to a wedding that had charity wedding favours and if so have you still got it? If not any wording suggestions would be greatly appreciated ?

I hope someone can help and I look forward to any suggestions anyone can give.

Thanks so much in advance

Rachel xx

1 replies

Latest activity by r4chy, 2 of July of 2013 at 11:39
  • Forever Wedding Dance
    Rockstar September 2013
    Forever Wedding Dance ·
    • Hide content

Hello - if my calculations are right you are my date twin! September 21st? Congratulations ?

I had a quick google and found this:

Hope that works!

• R
    Beginner September 2013
    r4chy ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much 'Twinny' ? And congratulations to you too!

I hope you're not as nervous as I am! xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics