Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner May 2017

Charity scratch cards as wedding favours

DreamcatcherVN, 29 of August of 2016 at 17:05 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi everyone,

Has anyone looked into this? We're thinking of having charity scratch cards as wedding favours. The hospice who looked after my partner's dad sell them, and I thought it would be a nice subtle way of honouring his memory. But I was looking into it and it seems that for small prizes you have to go to the shop you bought them from (nowhere near where our guests live) so I'm wondering whether it would bother people if they won a prize they couldn't easily use? (With bigger prizes you send off for a cheque). Do you think people would feel cheated? Also any ideas now I can dress them up to look more "wedding favoury"?

Thank you!

1 replies

Latest activity by Pink Sparkle, 30 of August of 2016 at 17:46
  • soraneko
    Beginner June 2016
    soraneko ·
    • Hide content

That is a lovely idea! I think that if people are going to be funny about their prize they don't deserve it Smiley winking Could you arrange with the shop to get things sent out? Otherwise I'm not much help to you on that front, I'd like to think that as it's for charity people wouldn't be too funny about it!

To dress them up there are lottery cards you can get, so maybe you could do something based on those? Here are a couple I've found from a quick google for "lottery ticket wedding favour"

• P
    Beginner October 2016
    Pink Sparkle ·
    • Hide content

That sounds like a lovely and thoughtful idea. As it's for charity I'm sure people wouldn't mind and they can still claim the the larger prizes. Do any of the guests live near the shop? If I was there and won a small prize I knew I couldn't collect I would probably just give my ticket to someone who did live near by for them to collect and have the prize.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics