Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

GiraffeBride
Beginner May 2018

Charity Wedding Favours

GiraffeBride, 21 of January of 2015 at 10:55 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hello all!

I was wondering if I could pick the brains of those of you who had charity wedding favours? These had been on my list as a possibility but then a couple of days ago I found out a very good friend of mine - only 28, and I was going to ask her to be my bridesmaid - has breast cancer. So that's swayed the balance massively! I looked online and found the Breast Cancer Care pins, but I seemed to remember someone saying they had got some that came with cards you could use as place names? I may have invented that though and I can't find the thread now so I thought I would ask again!

Thanks in advance Smiley smile

8 replies

Latest activity by hellandglory, 21 of January of 2015 at 13:48
  • Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

We're doing this for our favours, but plan on having a few charities and pinning them to placecards ourselves.

Is this what you're after?

http://giftshop.cancerresearchuk.org/personalised-wedding-favours.html

http://shop.breastcancercare.org.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=279&zenid=k55g1lsdq2olr3tv16s5ish9k4

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

We had charity wedding favours - Cancer Research notepads/keyrings etc in memory of H's Mum and brother, and Animals in Need pens in memory of some of our rats. They went down well with our guests and were very personal to us because of the causes. We just printed some little cards ourselves explaining why we had chosen the favours.

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    McHelenz ·
    • Hide content

The hospice my dad was in before he died do scratch cards as favours. They're a pound each and they guarantee one of your guests will win a 1000. However I can't afford them as they'll be 1000 pounds for us.

They also do childrens activity packs so i might buy them. 100 percent of the money goes to the hospice so that makes me feel better about buying them Smiley smile

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

Do you mean these?

http://shop.breastcancercare.org.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=279&zenid=hulc3sjulkfv5ghj4jngamd020

Although they are very girly so not sure they would do for your male guests?

• GiraffeBride
    Beginner May 2018
    GiraffeBride ·
    • Hide content

Ah thanks Calella and Miss Pickle - that's exactly what I was looking for Smiley smile

Do you think it would look odd with a person's name written on as well? I suppose I could always do it on the back!

Miss Pickle I know what you mean about them being girly - I guess I would hope that the male guests would understand why we have them and pass them on to someone in their life who was girly?! And even if they don't and I end up with a load of them, at least the money has already gone to charity.

CrazyRatLady I like the idea of printing out your own cards - that way I could put exactly what I wanted on them and just buy the pins.... something to think about!

McHelenz I love the idea of the children's activity packs! Can I ask which hospice it is (only if you don't mind sharing that info!)

I love Hitched. Everyone is so helpful Smiley smile

• A
    Beginner September 2015
    almostmrsStimpson ·
    • Hide content

We really liked the idea of this but we wanted some kind of autism charity as 2 of our children have Asd. The only ones we can find are £6 each so way out if our favour budget ?

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    McHelenz ·
    • Hide content

It's for the Douglas Macmillan Hospice in Stoke-on-Trent Smiley smile

• G
    Beginner April 2015
    G12 ·
    • Hide content

Macmillan have some nice ones that come with seeds rather than pins which cud be less girly? Don't have a link tho sorry!

• hellandglory
    Rockstar October 2019
    hellandglory ·
    • Hide content

In the cancer research shop there is a choice of different pins! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics