Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Charles Worthington Products ~ worth it or not?

bobbi, 21 of August of 2009 at 15:16 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 12

I was thinking of treatingp myself to some nice hair products and thought of Charles Worthington, can anyone tell me if they are worth spending that little extra on.

Also which products did you really like or really hate?

Thanks in advance

12 replies

Latest activity by Luthien, 21 of August of 2009 at 20:05
  • WelshTotty
    Beginner December 2014
    WelshTotty ·
    • Hide content

Im a hippy type and use Lush products, just bought myself a new bottle of shampoo today (Cynthia Sylvia Stout!) I find most other shampoos affect my scalp and give me dandruff (its the chemicals I reckon)

• B
    bobbi ·
    • Hide content

I can't go in that shop the smell just makes me ill

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

I love the smell of CW products, but like Dave, they make my scalp itchy and flaky.

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

I use Charles Worthington stay smooth shampoo and conditioner and occasionally CW styling wax. I use Trevor Sorbie protective pre-drying/straightening spray. I wouldn't be without either. I've tried hundreds of products over the years and these are the only ones that tame my mane!

• Flump
    Expert January 2012
    Flump ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Order it online then. I really rate Cynthia Sylvia Stout, and also Big, which makes my hair mega-soft. American Cream is a fantastic conditioner as well.

Charles Worthington isn't really anything special.

I've been buying stuff from TK Maxx recently, you can get some quite expensive brands for a few quid less, e.g. Bumble&bumble, JE Atkinson

• Knownowt
    Knownowt ·
    • Hide content

I've never found CW stuff to be very good. I also hate the bottles- so hard to get the stuff out once you've used more than half.

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've never had that problem

• B
    bobbi ·
    • Hide content

Thanx for the tip Flump

• B
    bobbi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Flump I've just looked online on Lush at the Cynthia Sylvia Stout Shampoo is def worth buying it looks good if a little pricey

• Moose in the Garage
    Beginner May 2005
    Moose in the Garage ·
    • Hide content

I agree about the smell of the Lush shop - I've never been able to bring myself to try any of the products, even though I know they are very well thought of - I just can't stand the smell, its so strong and sickly and follows you down the street!

I haven't really liked any of the CW products I've tried but I really like Trevor Sorbie, particularly their stuff for straightening - Sleek and Straight? It's pink anyway, the shampoo and conditioner are lovely and the straight and protect spray is very very effective.

• WelshTotty
    Beginner December 2014
    WelshTotty ·
    • Hide content

Cynthia Sylvia Stout is my fave Lush shampoo of all time, it smells delicious and my very fine hair is no longer flyaway with it. It also lasts an age, you dont need much of it

• Dooby
    Beginner
    Dooby ·
    • Hide content

I quite like the Charles Worthington super shiny shampoo and conditioner. I tend to buy it when i'm off my hols as they do it in smaller bottles which take up less room in my washbag.

Otherwise I swear by Aussie's mega shampoo and conditioner which is brilliant and you can genuinely use every day with no probs.

• Luthien
    Beginner June 2007
    Luthien ·
    • Hide content

I get on well with CW - apart from the bottle shape. My hairdresser told me that poundland has them - you could always se if your local shop has the range and try them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics