Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hannah
Beginner July 2024 Nottinghamshire

Chasing up Wedding suppliers

Hannah, 25 of January of 2023 at 10:58 Posted on Planning 0 7
I’ve been having alot of trouble recently trying to get responses from suppliers. After trying for a while i finally managed to put a deposit on the venue stylist but with the videographer it seems like its a challenge. How long should i wait before giving him another nudge? He said he would get the quote back to me ASAP last week? I enquired originally at the beginning of January and i dont want to keep badgering him but we had our minds set on putting a deposit down as we love his work. How do i not seem like a needy bride?

7 replies

Latest activity by Dominique, 2 of February of 2023 at 09:38
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

You should not be chasing to try and book someone, but make sure that you check your junkbox for any replies.

They could have a full time other job which may not be helping. Sorry but if they are like this when you are trying to book them then what will they be like when it comes to delivering after the wedding.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I agree with Bill - if you are having to hassle them when you are trying to give them money (and in the quiet season for weddings) then what on earth will they be like immediately before or after your wedding? I'd stop chasing them and unless they get back to you very soon with a quote AND a very good reason for the delay, I'd be looking elsewhere.

• Dominique
    Beginner March 2023 East Central London
    Dominique ·
    • Hide content

These businesses are busy, so it's ok for you to chase them. I chase people every day for work, so I'm not as bothered about doing it. I also hate that we try so hard not to be bridezillas that we end up being too afraid to ask for what we want. If you want to book this person, email again, then call if you have to. Don't feel bad about doing it.

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Agree with Bill as raises alarms to me if they haven't come back, however, if he said ASAP last week I think it is reasonable for you to give them a gentle nudge and maybe ask them to set a timescale to send quote to manage your expectations
  • K
    Dedicated June 2023 Essex
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content

I agree with all the comments above. If you are having issues contacting them now, think how much worse this will be in peak season. I would see it as a massive red flag that they are not handling their admin very well.

An example of this; my friend got married last year and she had issues with the lack of contact with her hair/make up stylist. She didn't respond very well to emails or phone calls but my friend stuck with her as she has already had the trials. In the month before the wedding this supplier went completely MIA and right up until the night before the wedding she didn't hear from her. It had actually got to the point that we were trying to find her an alternative on major short notice. It was a stress that she didn't need in the lead up to her wedding.

My advice is that if after a week they haven't got back to you, or at least sent a holding email, letting you know when they will send you the quote, is to look for someone else.

• S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Hannah! Go with your gut feeling! I had to chase some and it was fine and others I didn’t get a good vibe so left it! Sometimes they are still so busy but Ofcourse we want everything in place and really they should be replying to you. Give them another email or call and say you’re looking at putting a deposit down so want to get sorted. Choose a deadline (I would say a few weeks) and if he doesn’t reply, I would move on.
  • Dominique
    Beginner March 2023 East Central London
    Dominique ·
    • Hide content

I chase people as 90% of my job. I usually give people a week between a first and second chase, and then a couple days after the second chase before I send a third. I'd also say go ahead and call after your second chase if you haven't heard back in a day or two. Don't feel bad about chasing, people often need it.

If you have mobile numbers from anyone, I'd say feel free to whatsapp them. That's what I've been doing with my photographer this whole time, she's more responsive that way.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics