Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner August 2013

Cheap Bridesmaid Dress Websites

Katie_Bride_2013, 6 December, 2012 at 16:26 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi Everyone,

I wonder if anyone has purchased their bridesmaid dresses from a cheaper website.

The likes where they seem to 'copy' more expensive versions but have them at £100 and under.

If you have, what sort of things did you look at to check the website was legit etc?

I'm a bit worried I might end up buying 10 different dresses from cheaper websites until I find the 'right one' as none of them seem returnable (Grrr).

Can't afford bridal shop dresses and high-street don't have much in my colour at the moment :-(

Thanks

5 replies

Latest activity by morristobe, 7 December, 2012 at 11:28
  • Purple*Sparkles
    Beginner June 2013
    Purple*Sparkles ·
    • Hide content

Hi Katie,

After a nightmare with bridesmaid dresses in shops and the fact that they are just so expensive, I started an internet search. I was looking for dresses I liked, at a reasonable price, in the right colour and that could be returned if not suitable. I started by ordering a dress from Debenhams. It was lovely and great quality but did not fit one bridesmaids boobs!! (shes breastfeeding my 6week old nephew!) and it was on the short side they would have to wear flat shoes!!

After much panic and deliberation I found a site called Evica.

This is the dress we chose.

x

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried putting the colour/style/length of BM dresses on here to see if any of us can find it online or at a high street shop for you?

I certainly wouldnt recommend Helene bridal, as the wedding dress they sent me was unwearble. I couldnt get a refund & its not even suitable to be used as a halloween dress-up!

Esp in the sales, you can get BM dresses for under £50 from many high street shops which means they can be tried on & taken back. BHS, debenhams & even TK Maxx often have very reasonably priced ones, but depends what you want?

• fairyfay
    Beginner September 2012
    fairyfay ·
    • Hide content

I also used Evica via ebay and we were all very happy with the finished product

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

Despite the terrible name, sexyher.com are apparently quite good.

I would recommend Missguided too, their 'Harriet' maxi dress comes in a bazillion colours and is on £38.

Jane Norman have some good maxi dresses in too, my friend is having these in Navy blue...

• M
    Beginner September 2013
    morristobe ·
    • Hide content

Hiya. I'm not too sure how cheap you are looking at. But www.bellachoice.co.uk have dresses from £50 upwards. I paid £80 I think for each of mine and they are full length.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics