Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner August 2014

Cheap, BYOB/ Dry Hire Venues in SouthrAst

CazKai, 3 of September of 2013 at 09:01 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi Everyone, I'm brand new to this site although have had a nose around prior to my engagement ??. So me and my partner have recently got engaged, and what with having a son and wanting to save for a new house our budget is tight, despite us both working full time- ideally I wouldn't want to spend no more than £5-10k (absolute max!) on the entire wedding- but (call me deluded!) I would like to have everything from invites to wedding favours. As one of my parents is of Caribbean descent it would be ideal to have a dry hire venue, or low corkage, so we could provide the booze (this is fairly traditional, not something I mind doing when I go to weddings but it is a big thing to my parents so I'll let them have that!). So I guess, trying to know where to even start, I guess venue options is the best place. We live in woolwich and I'd like to b within an hours drive, so mainly looking at greater/south east London, certain parts of Essex and Kent. Any advice on such venues or weddings on a budget in general, and Caribbean caterers would be very much appreciated ?

5 replies

Latest activity by CazKai, 10 of September of 2013 at 07:14
  • AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

I don't know if they do dry hire but danson house is a beautiful venue who do ceremony only packages as well as full day. Their prices are really good, especially midweek and they aren't that far from you. Its my wedding venue and I could not be happier!

• Gemma Lawrence
    Gemma Lawrence ·
    • Hide content

Hello & Congratulations!

5-10k is definitely not delusional. There is a lovely barn called Milden Hall Barn in Lavenham, Suffolk which I know allow dry hire. You could also try Moor Hall Venue in Aveley, Essex but i'm not sure whether they are dry hire.

Good Luck xx

• C
    Beginner August 2014
    CazKai ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the replies. Bekkijane are you getting married in a church first and then going to danson house after? My partner (miraculously) quite likes the look of danson house- I tries to ring them but got no answer. Do they do exclusive hire?

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    HundredMonkeys ·
    • Hide content

What about Hall Place in Bexley, beautiful venue and grounds, you could give them a ring and ask what they offer. Also what about somewhere in Greenwich - Maritime Museum or Cutty Sark? My friend got married at Acacia Hall in Dartford, she had the ceremony outside under a gazebo then had the reception in a marquee. It was great.

• Y
    Beginner April 2014
    YellowDuckie ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure if they are dry hire but I've been to weddings at Dulwich College and Bickley Manor which were both lovely. Or what about Beckenham Place Park? My friend also got married at the Oak Farm in Shirley and took her own booze, but depending on your numbers it might be too small.

• C
    Beginner August 2014
    CazKai ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all for the replies, we looked at a few options but in the end chose the lovely Combe Bank school in Sundridge and will be getting married next August! We did go alot over budget but that also down to the number of guests we had- but we couldn't be happier with venue and that's what it's about too I guess! Wedding planning will start next so can just relax- if anyone has any recommendations on where I can soured affordable wedding cars, dj, makeup artist or dresses please let me know! Thanks ☺

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics