Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

BrideCummins14
Beginner April 2014

Cheap Choir

BrideCummins14, 22 of May of 2013 at 13:05 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi all

I saw a choir at the National Wedding Show months ago and they were amazing!!! SO much so that I was willing to give up anything to have them...thinking about it I'm not that crazy about spending a small fortune on them now, HOWEVER, I do love the idea of a choir and wondered if anyone knew any that were a bit more reasonably. Just for church and reception drinks....

I am sure google will explode if I keep using it haha

Thanks ladies

7 replies

Latest activity by BrideCummins14, 24 of May of 2013 at 10:22
  • cass_b
    Beginner April 2014
    cass_b ·
    • Hide content

Does your church not give you the option to use their choir?

• BrideCummins14
    Beginner April 2014
    BrideCummins14 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Church is within the grounds and not used unless someone gets married there so they don't have a choir! :-(

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

Its worth having a trawl on the internet for both concert choir and church choir. In my own small town there's several choirs....I sing in one of them. Often we sing for free, or a nominal small charge. Unlike other performers, choirs are often run on a voluntary basis, hence noone takes a fee, thus the nominal charge is just to help with funds and running costs.

If you have a look round, you might be surprised at the standard and cost.

• KarenJane
    Beginner June 2013
    KarenJane ·
    • Hide content

We're having a choir at the church service and theres about 10 of them and they charge £280.00 and will do as much as you want them to do for that fee.

some churches have their own school choir who will sing for free as long as its on a saturday or during the holidays

• BrideCummins14
    Beginner April 2014
    BrideCummins14 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your help people!

KarenJane where are you based?

I have been quoted £250pp +VAT ?

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

£250 per person?!

I sing in a pop choir/band and we charge around £300 for 45 minutes. If you think about it, it's not just the 45 minutes of singing time, it's the travel to the venue, normally rehearsing beforehand. If we have a 3pm wedding in our local town, we'll meet at 1pm to rehearse/warm up, so that's at least 3 hours out of our day. When you break it down to the amount of people in the choir, it's barely anything per head.

Your best bet is just to google choirs in your town. Unless anyone on here lives locally to you, national recommendations are unlikely to be of any use to you as travel will increase the cost significantly.

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

I'm in a church choir and I think we charge £120 for a wedding for the whole choir. (Might be £140 this year). And we sing most things, but did draw the line at a Beach Boys medley.

But we have only ever been asked to sing in our church or very local venues. (Mid Kent)

• BrideCummins14
    Beginner April 2014
    BrideCummins14 ·
    • Hide content

I opted for a choir local to cut the cost of travel etc but they are still coming up expensive - I am sending my bridesmaids on a search to find something more reasonable

To the responses from people in choirs - would you come to Bury St Edmunds?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics