Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner May 2013

cheap engagement party in leigh on sea area, essex?

hannah_kate90, 8 November, 2011 at 21:33 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi, my fiancee and I got engaged about a month ago now and are hoping to throw an engagement party for a few friends and family. The only problem is, we are seriously short of cash at the moment! Has anyone got any tips on how to throw a cheap engagement party? We would prefer to hire somewhere as our houses are a bit too small. Does anyone know of any bars that hire out sections/do cheap deals on a weeknight? Any help would be much appreciated! Smiley smile x

1 replies

Latest activity by ClareMarie85, 16 November, 2011 at 13:59
  • L
    Beginner January 2012
    la1510 ·
    • Hide content

Have you looked at pubs with a function room?? not sure about your area but where we are a lot of them have free hire with a minimum bar spend (normally about £500 which isn't that much based on around £3 per drink)

Food wise- you could rope in family and friends to help with a buffet, or look at Iceland, M&S, supermarkts etc

Decor can be really cheap- a few baloons, ribbons banners etc

• ClareMarie85
    Beginner March 2012
    ClareMarie85 ·
    • Hide content

Try any local social clubs, they should have a decent sized function room for an engagement party, we used our local one and as OH was a member we got the room for free! Some also have a DJ that you may be able to use.

Food was done by FMIL and FSIL, we just went to farmfoods for bits like sausage rolls, chicken wings, pizzas, nuggets etc and then got the rest from our local morrisons e.g pasta, salads. Cost us about £80 and there was more than enough!

Decorations were from local shops and hardly cost anything and my invitations were about £44 for 75. They were postcard style with hearts on them and all the party info printed on them. I also sent out a facebook invite Smiley smile

Altogether it cost us about £300, my dad had given us £500 towards it so we bought a new party outfit each with the rest lol!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics