Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner May 2016

Cheap outside wedding caterers - West Midlands

emandzakwilliams, 5 of October of 2014 at 22:06 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi,

We are looking to get married in the midlands and are thinking along the lines of Tipis/Marquee. We are trying to compare the cost to all inclusive venues concerning food -as we have heard it is cheaper!! Could anyone recommend affordable outside wedding caterers for the job?

Many thanks,

8 replies

Latest activity by DaffodilWaves, 28 of October of 2014 at 22:19
  • Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Having booked a tipi wedding ourselves, i'd say it definitely isn't the cheaper option over all. Probably not any more expensive than booking a swanky all inclusive venue, but there are SO many hidden costs that they can easily run away with you- especially if you don't have your own piece of land with toilets, access to water and electricity on site.

Food wise, it depends what you want really. We've opted for a gourmet burger van as opposed to a sit down meal and that has worked out significantly cheaper.

I think the cheapest sit down meal quote we had was about £3k, ranging up to around £7k

And for comparison, the burger van is £748 for 100 servings

Keep in mind that when paying for external caterers, some will charge extra for use of cutlery, glasses, linens and staff in addition to your quote, which would typically be included with in house catering.

• Jens Hand Crafted Stationery
    Jens Hand Crafted Stationery ·
    • Hide content

I can highly recommened Robinsons Catering in Tysley!

We had a marquee from ridgeway marquees for my wedding in 2011 and everyone commented on the food! It was beautiful and lots of it too.

Drop them an email and see what they can do xx

• M
    Beginner July 2016
    MellieMoo ·
    • Hide content

The food can be cheaper as you can have a hog roast or chip van for about £700. You could also completely DIY it. However you'd be paying way more overall as Tipis are about 5k+ To hire before any extras like lights, flooring etc. they would completely cancel out the savings from food!

marquees are cheaper but still overall more expensive than a package when you factor in the extras you'll need like generators and toilets etc. Your best option might be the Capri style marquee then a hog roast? Just be prepared to do a lot of DIY in other areas to keep costs down

We looked at Malibu marquees who also have a lovely on site venue, and Talton lodge who have a tipi already on site x

• M
    Beginner July 2016
    MellieMoo ·
    • Hide content

Jen I'd be really interested to know about robinsons catering. Do you mind saying what the price per head was ? X

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

I would absolutely recommend Adam Bradley Catering. They are based near Northampton but do Le Man every year so I am sure would travel to West Mids!

They did a stunning job at our festival/fete wedding this year.

• Jens Hand Crafted Stationery
    Jens Hand Crafted Stationery ·
    • Hide content

Have just managed to find my old Google document with stats on as it was back in 2011 Smiley winking

We had canapés for 60, 3 course sit down meal with two choices of food for guest to choose from on each course for 60 and I think it came in around £1,500. We did have to hire catering equipment such as ovens, hot plates etc for another £500 and then we had crockery hire at £250 but they were not from robinsons catering.

Obviously this was 3.5 years ago now so not sure what he charges these days but the food was plentiful and extremely good!

xx

• M
    Beginner July 2016
    MellieMoo ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much Jen! Out for us I'm afraid as food budget is only £1,000 lol

• R
    Rustic Roast Kitchen ·
    • Hide content

Hi emandzakwilliams,

We provide Wedding Catering across the UK but are based in Solihull, West Midlands. We are extremely versatile and can cover all budgets with our own mobile kitchens, equipment and crockery/cutlery. If you'd like to discuss your requirements and budget please drop me an email, I have been working with another couple recently who have booked us for their tipi wedding next August so have lots of menu's etc on file and sure we can help! ***@******************.***

Happy Planning!

Heather

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Can highly recommend Rustic Roast Kitchen above. Such lovely people too and will work with you on your budget!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics