Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

natalieexx
Beginner October 2012

Cheap thank you cards??

natalieexx, 1 October, 2012 at 11:46 Posted on Planning 0 16

I want to get some thank you cards sorted so that we can send them out straight after the wedding.

Does anybody know where I can get cheap ones? Not bothered about them being personalised or anything, just want some nice ones but I need about 80 so want them as cheap as possible. I keep seeing 10 for £3.99 as the cheapest but thats still going to cost me £32 at least (I'll probably have to buy more!)

Am I just thinking too cheap?? I think it's important to send them but I really don't want to spend a lot on them.

Any ideas? I've looked in Card Factory and they don't do actual cards, just note type things, Clintons had some nice one's but were a bit pricey and WH Smith's were 10 for £3.99 but I didn't even like the design.

I've added some to my basket on Vistaprint cos I know they send daily discounts trying to get you to buy what you left in your basket so that's my last resort.

Thanks xx

16 replies

Latest activity by Chickster, 1 October, 2012 at 16:53
  • Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried eBay? Or perhaps make your own!

Buy some plain card, and print onto them.

• Unlikley Bride
    Rockstar July 2013
    Unlikley Bride ·
    • Hide content

Hobby Craft sell plain packs of cards with envelopes (30 for £4.99 - so 90 for £14.97) and plenty of different "thank you" stamps for around £7 each and paint sponges for £3. That'd be about £25 for everything.

You can pick colours that reflect your colour scheme. We've done something similar for our invites.

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

I did look on eBay with no luck really, they were all personalised ones being sold on there so cost a bit more. Might have another look cos didn't really look properly.

I thought about making our own as I made all our invites and save the dates etc, but I work 2 jobs and don't really have much time, and OH is still in Germany til 2 days before the wedding. I saw Dunelm Mill do 40 blank cards and envelopes for £3.99 so would be a cheap option, but don't want to commit and then stress myself out trying to get them finished! xxx

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

We used the postcards on Vistaprint. 100 for 'free' (think maybe about a fiver postage - can't remember). We did have a lot of guests, but even so, we still have a few left over. We did a fairly generic design and just put

thank you
    love from N & A

so we can use them again whenever we need to send joint thanks.

Okay, so they don't stand upright, but most people will stick them on their fridge for a couple of weeks and then get rid of them, so we figured it wasn't worth spending more for fold-up cards.

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

I saw those, but we've asked for money as gifts, I really want to write a personal thank you to each person, as some people will give a lot more than others and I want everyone to know how much it means to us! xx

• *Eclair*
    Beginner August 2012
    *Eclair* ·
    • Hide content

Try some of the less well known/not a chain card shops. Ours were £1.75 for 10 from card factory (think that's the name.)

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We did, you can write on the backs. I forgot to say, you get free envelopes with them, so we had the backs mostly blank (with just a little decoration in the corner) and wrote a personal message to every guest/family. Then put them in the envelopes rather than send as postcards.

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

Oh OK thanks, maybe that is an idea too then Smiley smile how long did they take to come? I know Vistaprint says it takes up to 21 days but when I ordered a calendar before they came within a week or so xx

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    maxinegallie ·
    • Hide content

I used Visatprint, I can't remember the exact price, but they were fairly cheap and included our wedding photo on the front, so perhaps look there.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

Can't remember how long they took, but I always do the slowest delivery option with Vistaprint and normally they arrive at least a week or so before they say they will.

• Unlikley Bride
    Rockstar July 2013
    Unlikley Bride ·
    • Hide content

I know how you feel - I have 2 jobs too. It took me about 2 hours to stamp 90 cards - if that helps.

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

OK that's not too bad, I could do that! Thing is I get well carried away and would end up adding all sorts and taking hours!!

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I got a box of 10 thank you cards for £1.49 from Card Factory over the summer. Nothing special but there's nothing wrong with them.

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

See that's the sort of price I want to pay! Looke din both our local ones though and can't find anything! There's another one near work I'll look there xx

• Chickster
    Beginner August 2013
    Chickster ·
    • Hide content

Have you looked in any of the pound shops? I know Poundland recently had some decent white and silver ones - 10 pack for £1

Might be worth a look.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics