Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I-go-by-many-names
Super April 2015

cheap vases and/or chair bows

I-go-by-many-names, 23 of January of 2015 at 21:41 Posted on Planning 0 4

We need around 10 tall (approx 60cm high) vases to stick some fake cherry blossom branches in for our ceremony. I'd rather buy than hire as having done some research I wouldnt be saving that much and you don't even get to keep them. So does anyone know anywhere that does them cheap? The cheapest I've found are dunelm mill at £5.99, so that's still £60 which seems like a lot.

The same with chair bows, we just need about 100 navy chair sashes/bows, preferably satin but would settle for organza/tuille type material. Again the cheapest I've found are on eBay for about £60. They are just bits of material! Can anyone advise? Am I just expecting too much by thinking I'm going to get them cheaper?

4 replies

Latest activity by Miss-b, 24 of January of 2015 at 10:37
  • Cache13
    Beginner August 2015
    Cache13 ·
    • Hide content

It's unlikely youl get vases that big for cheaper - remember they aren't sold as wedding products to be bought in bulk. £5.99 for a meter high vase is good value if you want one for home.

Try Preloved sites for specific bulk wedding bits now married brides might be trying to sell on?

this was our biggest decor expense too - we paid £10 per jug for the centrepieces to be told by the florist they were too big and would block people's view - by this point it was too late to return them. So we now have 8 large jugs to line the aisle with floral displays in (another huge expense) And 9 small ones for the tables!

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the replies. If I buy organza do I not have to hem it? I know I will if I buy satin. I don't have a sewing machine, my MIL does but I've already asked her to make our table runners and there isn't really a lot of time left until the wedding.

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Not sure if these are any good. As someone else said, look in the bulk/wedding section on ebay or floristry suppliers. Another option is to compromise with a shorter vase, but sit on a brick/plinth covered in some material to add back the height.

£5 http://direct.asda.com/george/george-home/clear-glass-vase/001738501,default,pd.html?cgid=D26M01G01C06S05

• Miss-b
    Beginner August 2016
    Miss-b ·
    • Hide content

It might be fiddly and not sure how long it would take but you can get hemming strips (not sure if that's what they are called!) which is like a heat activated strip that you can use with an iron if you did need to hem the material you end up using for the chairs.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics