Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner

Cheap wedding dresses

babbleg, 6 January, 2013 at 11:47 Posted on Planning 0 6

Firstly, i'm new here so I apologize if there's already a thousand posts similar to this!

I've been looking for a low priced wedding dress for my £5000 wedding, and i've found websites like:

Angeldress.co.uk

Eveningdressesuk.uk

The only problem is, I suspect they're from China/Japan etc, and any dress I buy cannot be returned.

Has anyone had any experience with websites similar to these, or can suggest any other websites that are genuinely from the UK?

With such a low budget, i'm not looking to spend more than £200 on my dress.

Thanks guys Smiley smile

6 replies

Latest activity by alyj66, 6 January, 2013 at 13:26
  • oneforfxckall
    Beginner November 2014
    oneforfxckall ·
    • Hide content

We're on a budget, and I don't really want to spend a lot on a dress either - and my advice for people who think about the Chinese dresses is to go to a dressmaker first.

Research local ones and meet with a few, tell them what you want and what your budget is and ask if is doable, if they can do it for your budget-Brilliant! People often think that having a dress custom made will be more expensive but in most cases its cheaper If not you really need to decided whether its worth the risk before you order from abroad.

If you choose a Chinese dressmaker, order a standard size that you can have altered by a dressmaker, as the made to measure services tend to not be very good.

• L
    Beginner April 2013
    lily1982 ·
    • Hide content

I'm in this conumdrum right now it is making me rather stressed as we get married in April this yr. I agree with the above poster - I looked at overseas places read loads of reviews did a ton of research on them ad I got mixed reviews- my gut instinct says no and as it is a wedding dress it's far too important to get wrong. Research dressmakers in your local area and see what they can do - good luck xx

• Katianne
    Beginner February 2014
    Katianne ·
    • Hide content

I haven't been myself as yet but when the time comes I'm going to have a look at the Wedding Dress Factory Outlet...

http://weddingdress-factoryoutlet.co.uk/

Their website says their dresses range between £150 and £400.

Its also worth checking out the sales in wedding shops as I've seen some really good deals. Preloved and gumtree too if you don't mind second hand?

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried the highstreet? Debenhams, Monsoon, BHS etc all have very affordable wedding dresses and some of them are gorgeous.

• <3FutureMrsN<3
    Beginner March 2016
    <3FutureMrsN<3 ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't get my wedding dress from one of these sites but I will look at getting my bridesmaid dresses from there.

• Going2theChapel
    Beginner March 2013
    Going2theChapel ·
    • Hide content

Hi and welcome!

have you tried looking for a second hand dress? on here or ebay are good places to start... to me its far to risky getting a wedding dress from China, if your budget is £200 and the dress is wrong, you dont like it, naff material ect, you have to think if will you have another £200 lying around to try and get another? If you could manage that then surely its worth trying to increase the budget and look for something off the peg? I would get down to some bridal shops anyway to find out what suits you. I originally went into dress hunting with a 'clear idea' of what i wanted and actually found that didnt suit me at all and went with something completely different. You could even find a dress you like and then go hunting for it second hand?

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

I bought my dress from eBay it was new and from a shop that was closing down. It cost me £200, is absolutely perfect and I'm so happy with my bargain designer dress. Just one thing to consider is the size, wedding dresses seem to be a little bit smaller but thankfully I bought a size 12 thinking that I could get it taken in but it is a perfect fit.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics