Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner March 2014

cheap wedding venue in Cumbria?

mrs.hynes2b, 24 of July of 2013 at 22:27 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi,

I'm looking for inspiration! I became engaged in May and straight away began excitedly searching for perfect wedding venues in our local area (west Cumbria towards the lakes) but my excitement has dwindled to complete despondency when I have realised that most things are completely out of our budget which to be fair is almost non-existent ☹️

This is a second marriage for both of us (he had a huge full works wedding first time around - I eloped so didn't have a wedding really) so we don't want anything over the top. We have a maximum of 30 people attending and we were hoping for a relaxed affair, possibly outside with a barbeque or hog roast meal - weather depending. All the hotels I've looked at seem to be aimed at larger groups and even their intimate packages are £5000+ which we can't afford. We could probably stretch to about £3000

I was hoping someone may have been to the kind of wedding I would like to have or could suggest somewhere that might be suitable. We live in West Cumbria but would be happy with the lakes area, Grasmere, Keswick etc. We haven't decided on a date yet, we initially said 2015 but anytime between now and then would be do-able...I'd marry him tomorrow if I could ?

Any ideas or suggestions gratefully received.

1 replies

Latest activity by mrs.hynes2b, 2 of August of 2013 at 22:41
  • L
    Beginner May 2014
    LVDM ·
    • Hide content

Hi We're getting married at the Lodore Falls hotel in Keswick, having around 50 guests and it really isn't working out to expensive. We did love Inn on the Lake but they didn't have our date available

• M
    Beginner March 2014
    mrs.hynes2b ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for that, I never thought of the L'Adore Falls, I automatically dismissed it because I assumed it was too expensive. I looked into it and you were right, it wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be. We've had a change of heart though and we're getting married in Scotland now. We've booked a waterfall wedding near Glencoe!

hope your wedding is wonderful x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics