Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner August 2015

Cheapest places to get married abroad in august??

gemcook1982, 14 of April of 2014 at 10:45 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 5

Hi everyone. Bit new to this lol. Me and my h2b are looking to get married abroad in order to simplify our wedding, problems with guests etc. we will be having to do it in the 6 weeks children's holidays, so late July or august 2015 as we have two children. Has anybody got married abroad at this time? We won't have a very big budget, so cheap and cheerful. Any ideas on where? I've been looking at cyprus and Greece but so far I'm looking at over £6000 just for the 2 week holiday and we would ideally like to bring about 20 people out with us. Any suggestions would be really gratefully recieved, my head hurts haha!

5 replies

Latest activity by MrsStevenson2Be, 6 of June of 2014 at 21:48
  • S
    Beginner April 2015
    SunnyIvoryDecor62 ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married in crete in may 2015, having the wedding by a beautiful lake and then having the recption at our apartments, where the manager is acting as our wedding planner-they are doing all the food etc for us. Working out a lot cheaper than the UK. We are taking 40 people with us and paying their 30% deposit as a thank you for coming. Sounds like you are intending to pay for your guests, but maybe you could just do a percentage as a thank you? We are expecting our guests to pay a total of around £300 for 2 people for a weeks holiday including flights in May-if you think that they would probably spend at least £200 for a UK wedding for a weekend, then we felt this was not unreasonable, as they are gettign a holiday out of it aswell...it will save you money!

I would definitely look at Greece as a potential option, beautiful scenery, lovely food, gorgeous weather and cheap x

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

We are using a wedding planner who arranges weddings in both Greece and Finland. Sun and snow weddings is her company and she comes highly recommended so may be worth an email as her package for our lapland wedding seems very reasonable and she seems very helpful in arranging everything. Also with holidays to crete with monarch from Gatwick it's as cheap as 500pp 14days this august so have a look at them. I have flown with them before and had no issues.

• L
    Beginner September 2015
    LuxuriousGoldHair131 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I am getting married in Santorini Greece and Ido not have either a huge budget. I am using Olympia from Marryme in Greece. She has very competitive prices and she is listening to you. We told her what we need and she gave us the best prices. She also prepared a budget of us as we booked from now for next year.

Good luck

• A
    Beginner July 2015
    AmyRobbs ·
    • Hide content

A friend of mine got married in Cyprus last year and it was beautiful. She didn't have a great budget but was lovely. I'll try find out who her wedding planner was. Although personally I love Greece and if I was to get married abroad I'd choose a greek island

• wellyella
    Beginner August 2015
    wellyella ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I am new to this too having only been propsed to last week, but already I am putting things in place for our wedding.

We have decided to get married in Zante next August and it is working out a lot cheaper than I imagine a wedding in England would cost!

Good luck Smiley smile x

• M
    Beginner July 2016
    MrsStevenson2Be ·
    • Hide content

Im having the same dilema! On a bit of a budget and at first was desperate to go for the algarve but any wedding planner i have contacted the packages that they are putting together are getting dearer and dearer! So we were thinking of checking prices through the travel agents and maybe try get a package put together that way! I have my bundles of brochures and a guest list to attack to try and get some figures, we aren't really in the position to pay any amount for anyone though so if any guests were planning a holiday its a bonus! If not itl be the after party back home. Let us all know where u decideSmiley smilexx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics